Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak visor cap

Article about: Greetings, could I get some feedback on this visor cap? Original?

Default Luftwaffe Flak visor cap

Greetings, could I get some feedback on this visor cap? Original? *more photos in 2nd post*
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    P
    Many

Default More photos

Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap
    Luftwaffe Flak visor cap

MAP
    ?

What are your likes and dislikes about it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing wrong with this one, offered by Bill Shae obviously. Its visor is separating and it has a lot of wear/damage/mothing so it is beauty in the eye of the beholder for this visor.
    Morris

TWS
    ?

Private purchase example. I see nothing wrong with it but condition leaves a little bit to be desired, although not terrible
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Nothing wrong with this one, offered by Bill Shae obviously. Its visor is separating and it has a lot of wear/damage/mothing so it is beauty in the eye of the beholder for this visor.
    Morris
    I agree it's not even remotely close to mint but the price more or less reflects that. The reason I was considering buying it is that I really want a Luftwaffe visor but I'm not overly concerned about condition (within reason). As a comm. fishing boat captain who's season is winding down soon, I have to start tighting up on the reigns in regards to spending until fishing starts up again. Figured this visor, for the price, would've made a decent final purchase for my growing collection until vacation is over next April. I appreciate the help! I am grateful that all of you guys with way more knowledge than I are willing to help me.

Oh & about Bill, I absolutely trust Bill and I buy from him quite often. I bought an Ostturkischer Waffen Verband der SS cuff title from him earlier this year along with plenty of small items. Great guy. Pat is too. I trust them but I also know every dealer slips up from time to time. I know if a piece turned out to not be legit, Bill would take care of the problem asap.

If you like it, that's what matters. You're collecting for yourself, and no one else. If it appeals to you, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you a less-than-mint item isn't worth collecting. As stated above, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If you like it, that's what matters. You're collecting for yourself, and no one else. If it appeals to you, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you a less-than-mint item isn't worth collecting. As stated above, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks brother, you hit the nail on the head. At the end of the day, we're all collecting for ourselves. I can honestly say i've never been about chasing mint items, rzm tags, maker marks etc. I have some items that have those things but it's just not that important to me especially when we're talking a $350+ difference in price. Sure, I could buy a mint visor or I could use the difference in price to scoop up a couple nice medals or armbands etc. That said, I have no issues with those that seek out items that are mint etc. If that's what you're into, that's great & I enjoy seeing those items on display here.

TWS
    ?

You know my stance on Bill from PM's. Class act from start to finish. No one is perfect, but in ~37 years in this hobby I've encountered none better.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."