Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.

Article about: How rare is this?

?

Default Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.

Hey guys, my picker found this Luft flight suit rank chevron,( he said I found a mustache patch, lol..he isn't a collector)...he gave it to me, so no harm no foul, lol....it's blue backed with yellow insignia, the gulls and horizontal line are yellow. I have never seen this, so I'm thinking post war or old reproduction. Any help guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.   Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.  

Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.   Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.
    P
    Many

?

A quick search shows it is for a Lt. General of the Luftwaffe. I don't know enough about these to give an opinion on originality.

?

Thanks,I knew the rank, I've just never seen one with yellow gulls and bar. The construction looks right to me.

?

From what little research I was able to do before work, it appears that the rank is Major General and I found a rank chart(illustration), that shows higher ranking officer sleeve gulls in yellow on blue backing. I'm trying to find more references.

?

Reference chart I found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.  

?

Found more references to the yellow...it was for General officers...I black lighted it, an ounce of glowing :-) :-) :-)

?

More referencing :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flight suit rank chevron, need help identifying please.  

looks like you got a very nice gift.

It came with a book originally, like as a repro gift from the author?

?

No, the book is my ex father in law has,I used it to look up the patch. He is a collector of 40+ years..... It's legit! Correct material, construction, age, smell, no glow with a UV light. I think I have a rare bird here!
    Last edited by Newbie; 07-19-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast