Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...

Article about: Here is my only Luft pilot thing....I have a SD M40 luft, but this is the only other item of Luftwaffe heritage I have... Nice condition, bit of wear around the ear peices, 1 button missing

?

Default Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...

Here is my only Luft pilot thing....I have a SD M40 luft, but this is the only other item of Luftwaffe heritage I have...

Nice condition, bit of wear around the ear peices, 1 button missing from the ealsitc neck strap along the back, has full electrics and throat mikes.... got it fairly cheap off ebay for 160 BUCKS....I amn very happy with it...full sheep skin lining...I often wonder given the amount of wool exported to Germany just before the war, wether an Aussie Merino gave up his wool for this!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...   Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...  

Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...   Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...  

Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...

I actually found this by mistake on eBay a few months back as I was going thru and seeing what people are trying to get away with German helmet wise....starting bid of 160, with 5 days left....I put on 161.00 and was the only bidder!

I like it and great price you did well. Some goggles on it would set it off IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Yeh, goggles are worth more than what I paid for the flying helmet!!!!! I have seen a few, but I don't know enough bout them to buy with confidence

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Yeh, goggles are worth more than what I paid for the flying helmet!!!!! I have seen a few, but I don't know enough bout them to buy with confidence
    Here is a nice pair and a link to them.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

https://www.weitze.net/detail/14/Luf..._165714_e.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...  

?

Thanks very much for the link!!!

Very nice flight helmet,,the goggles shown by Nuno are Auer model 302 Neophan and were primarily intended for motorcyclists but also used by sport flyers.
    The other types of goggles for the war time pilots and crew,,check Google for these types .... model 306...model 295...and the Nitsche and Gunther anti splinter goggles with plastic rims....Dave H

Very nice, and a steal at that price with full electrics. As others have said some goggles would only compliment it well

?

Thanks for all the tips on goggles, as I know nothing about these items it is more thsn helpful....the cap is in good nick, but the connector plug is a bit damaged, but it's all there....I quite like it, and seeings I wanted to join the air force as a kid I have a interest in such things....instead I spent 18 years in the Army!!! Which I honk influenced me more into collectin Heer items!!!!

The only German eyewear I have is two complete sets of "masked brille" 3 sets of dust goggles and a set of goggles in a small tin!!

?

These are the "goggles in the tin" that cost me 15 bucks! the clock behind the helmet is a 1941 German clock made in Berlin!

The goggles were an ebay find, that no one else bid on
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...   Luftwaffe flying helmet.....got it very cheap...  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast