Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe items ID

Article about: I know these are Luftwaffe, but some help as what? One might not be. Thanks TK

Default Luftwaffe items ID

I know these are Luftwaffe, but some help as what? One might not be.

Luftwaffe items ID

Thanks TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe items ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe items ID

You are correct, they are all Luftwaffe.

Large sports vest eagle.

The rest are all cap insignia or Officers collar rank tabs, bar the one under the sports eagle, top left. This is a mechanics sleeve insignia.

The dark green collar tab with triangle insignia is for an Admin Officer.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade!

TK

very nice items

They look great.

Eric

Thank Eric and all! Mike

The ranks as identified by the collar patches are, top to bottom:

• Beamter des gehobenen Dienstes [= Official of the Elevated Career Group] with an administrative "rank" equivalent to Hauptmann.

An official's precise "rank" designation depended on his occupational specialty/branch. Hauptmann-ranked officials included various types of -Oberinspektor - such as Verwaltungsoberinspektor, Vermessungsoberinspektor, Techn. Oberinspektor etc. etc. - as well as Waffenoberrevisor and Rektor/Konrektor am Großen Militärweisenhaus in Potsdam.)

There were also Hauptmann-ranked officials of the höherer Dienst [= High-grade Career Group]. Those initially wore the same collar patches, but after December 1939 were distinguished by gold instead of silver outer piping.

• Leutnant, either of the Luftaufsicht [= Aviation Authority/Air Traffic Control] or of the Luftwaffen-Felddivisionen [= Luftwaffe Field Divisions]. (Their collar patches were of a similiar green.)

• Stabsarzt [i.e. medical Captain]
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-15-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks HP

Mike

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You are correct, they are all Luftwaffe.

Large sports vest eagle.

The rest are all cap insignia or Officers collar rank tabs, bar the one under the sports eagle, top left. This is a mechanics sleeve insignia.

The dark green collar tab with triangle insignia is for an Admin Officer.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade is right, but it is right to know that the dark green collar tab indicates that the officer was assigned to a Luftwaffe Field Division (Airforce ground troops) as an admin. Yellow tabs are paratroopers and standard luftwaffe, Red is FLAK, dark green is LFD and dark blue (correct me if im wrong) signals. I re-enact as an LFD and wear dark green tabs

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    Ade is right, but it is right to know that the dark green collar tab indicates that the officer was assigned to a Luftwaffe Field Division (Airforce ground troops) as an admin. Yellow tabs are paratroopers and standard luftwaffe, Red is FLAK, dark green is LFD and dark blue (correct me if im wrong) signals. I re-enact as an LFD and wear dark green tabs
    Sorry, but this is not correct.

Dark green collar patches were worn by all Beamte [Officials] of the Luftwaffe with a few exceptions.
    [Military judges of the Reichskriegsgericht wore bordeaux red collar patches, other judges wore wine red ones. Certain administrative officials of the construction branch had black collar patches and there were of course special insignia for Forestry and Firefighting officals.]

The collar patches for the LWFD were of a lighter shade of green than those for the Luftwaffe's officials.

Period designations were:

- dunkelgrün [dark green] for officials
    - hellgrün [light green] for Luftaufsicht
    - jägergrün ['Jäger' green] for LWFD

Dark blue was not the branch color for signals [that was light brown]; it was for the medical branch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast