Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Lambskin Coat & Cap set - need period photo...

Article about: Hi all. I'm hoping some of you may have period photos that you'd be willing to scan in hi-res and share with me of a German soldier (or soldiers) wearing a similar lambskin coat as the one y

?

Default Luftwaffe Lambskin Coat & Cap set - need period photo...

Hi all. I'm hoping some of you may have period photos that you'd be willing to scan in hi-res and share with me of a German soldier (or soldiers) wearing a similar lambskin coat as the one you see in the photos below. I picked up this nice matching set (from he same soldier) a few days ago from a WW2 veteran and would like to display it with a photo or two so people can get a sense of how a coat like this would have been worn in the field with or without other gear. The photo(s) doesn't have to include the cap, I'm mostly interested in photos showing similar coats being worn.

PM me if you don't want to post to the forum.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Lambskin Coat & Cap set - need period photo...
    P
    Many

Hello,
    The second photo was posted on the forum already...sorry i cant help...no high res photos to share sorry

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Those photos are perfect! Thanks so much. Even includes the cap! If anyone has others I'd still love more.

Nice items dzyner I have a passion for Heer and Luft winter items very nice set you have. timothy

?

Thanks Timothy! Question for you, where would a set like this have like been worn (in what battles, or in what areas)? Obviously "cold" areas, but I'm looking for more specifics. Most of the photos I've come across showing similar coats being worn are from the Eastern Front, but is that the only area these were worn?

I can't see why these would only have been worn in a specific selection of colder areas and not in others... these kinds of coats etc. were also worn here in Norway. So, I'm guessing "in cold areas" should cover it. Would be nice to see photos of these worn in trenches or combat type scenarios though --- seems most photos showing these in wear are of soldiers on guard duty or similar. They sure look snug all wrapped up in these --- but perhaps not the most practical in combat situations...

Great looking set indeed!

I agree that any where extreme cold is found you can find pictures of these, most in Russia, Norway and other places if one examines period pictures you can see many sentries wearing them in cold climates guarding airfields, and other places. I have a salty Luft cap as shown that came from the western front by a US vet so they were there also no doubt JP has shown some fine period pictures of this in his post. timothy