Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe leather jacket

Article about: Hi Guys, I am thinking of buying this jacket, what are your thoughts. Regards, Shane

As everyone has said, these are easy to fake.

The jacket is period, 1940's but I am not keen on how the shoulder boards sit. I would want in hand inspection on this before I would part with any cash if I were buying.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe leather jacket
    P
    Many

?

Hello, has there been any follow up on this jacket? I think there are many more positives on this example than negatives. It has the classic elongated pointed collars(big), horizontal zipps, exposed vertical zipp, button down pockets seen so often in period pics. As with all of these there is a certain leap of faith on acceptance. It looks like a large size which may distort visually the board placement. From what I have seen m/c jackets generally have flared out wrist areas from throttle and clutch use. Just about all forms of breast Eagles have been seen on similar jackets. I would be eager to see more. Best, Bill Bourque
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe leather jacket  

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe leather jacket  

Hi Bill, long time no speak! Nice to see you here.

These things are always a leap of faith as you say. This one certainly stands a chance. I would just feel better seeing it in hand. Advising someone to part with hard earnt cash from just pics is difficult on occasion. But this is the nature of the game here!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade, thank you. Best, Bill

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for the reply, no other real reply's. After viewing many more photos and your comets I am going to take a chance on this jacket. I will let you know how I go and will send photos.
    Regards,
    Shane

?

Hello, I look forwards to more pics. Here is my set and I believe it to be period. Best, Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2