Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Medical Waffenrock

Article about: Somewhat recent arrival that I decided to shoot tonight. Purchased from a collector I met through forums and finally got to meet face to face and chat with at the last SOS. He learned that I

TWS
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Medical Waffenrock

Somewhat recent arrival that I decided to shoot tonight. Purchased from a collector I met through forums and finally got to meet face to face and chat with at the last SOS. He learned that I am a "little bit" of a Heer and Luftwaffe uniform collector and so when he decided he could part with this tunic he offered it to me. Luftwaffe enlisted issue medical uniforms are fairly rare so I took the plunge. It is the tunic model called (by the Luftwaffe) a Waffenrock. Unlike the precursor Tuchrock, the LW Waffenrock is designed to be worn both open and closed collar and has a 5th main button, a cloth tab for a small collar button, and a hook and eyelet closure at the neck. This one is unit stamped to the 23rd Training Regiment and dated 1939. I believe LW Waffenrocks are less common than Tuchrocks despite coming later. The Fliegerbluse was very popular and so widely issued that it displaced a lot of need for 4-pocket tunics.
    Luftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical WaffenrockLuftwaffe Medical Waffenrock
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Medical Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Very nice Todd! Thanks for sharing!

MAP
    ?

Nice markings! Looks brand new! Great pick up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice uniform. Very lucky find

Beautiful piece! Congrats!

Geoff

A lovely tunic - and in superb condition, thanks for showing.