Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe ORs Embroided Breast Eagle

Article about: Hi Guys, Have just picked up this unissued condition Luftwaffe Breast Eagle, the quality of the embroidery is very sharp, 2 things I noticed in hand : 1. Left upper wing, the small segments

Default Luftwaffe ORs Embroided Breast Eagle

Hi Guys,
    Have just picked up this unissued condition Luftwaffe Breast Eagle, the quality of the embroidery is very sharp, 2 things I noticed in hand :
    1. Left upper wing, the small segments have stitching seperating the feathers the 3rd line of stitching is one thread wide as is the 6th line, the other lines of stitching are 2 threads wide.

2. The beak is quite pronounced, compared to some examples, is this common ? I saw one example like this on WAF.

The wingspan from silver tip to silver tip is 85mm & the depth from the upper part of neck to the bottom of the swaz is 34mm
    I've always loved the design of these eagles, very pleasing to the eye. Wondered an insignia expert's opinion on the 2 observations I have made, any cause for concern at all ?
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ORs Embroided Breast Eagle   Luftwaffe ORs Embroided Breast Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ORs Embroided Breast Eagle
    P
    Many

I also meant to add that there is no UV glow & there is quite a bit of thickness to the embroidery. Also noticed that some of the badge cloth on the reverse has a few moth spots.
    Cheers Guys
    Paul

There is nothing wrong with It. There's a lot of variations on these.

Cheers Sid, appreciate your help here, my inner feeling was good on this one, but the variations out there just threw me, other than the one example I found on WAF !
    Regards
    Paul

Looks ok to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As Carlsson points out, there are numerous variations about (I’ve got some weird ones) and, frankly, some of the repros look better than the originals at times!

Cheers,
    Bob

Thank you for your help guys, your help is much appreciated.....as always !
    Regards
    Paul