Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Schützenschnurr - real or fake?

Article about: Greetings to all. I found this Schützenschnur in one store, but I'm not sure whether they are genuine. I would like to buy it, but I do not like the pattern of laynards. Do you think this is

?

Default Luftwaffe Schützenschnurr - real or fake?

Greetings to all. I found this Schützenschnur in one store, but I'm not sure whether they are genuine. I would like to buy it, but I do not like the pattern of laynards. Do you think this is OK? Thanks for all opinnions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Schützenschnurr - real or fake?
    P
    Many

Looks OK to me. A little chewed up. Looks like the loop that buttons into the Bluse is a little torn. It appears to be a low grade marksmanship award. Why don't you like the pattern? NH

?

Thanks for your opinion Neil, most laynards that I had seen, has pattern like this pictures:

There were 12 grades with different cord patterns, shields and devices (acorns, artillery shells) awarded. You may have a higher grade award. The second one you posted as an illustration looks to be the lowest grade. Hopefully, someone here has more expertise. NH

It appears you may have grade 5 of the award. NH

its good but damaged as you know.

?

Thanks for your comments, but I could not find even a single photo of these laynards with the same pattern. Description 5th grade marksman laynards is "gray silk with woven blue-gray zig-zag pattern. Have you any single pictures these awards with same laynards like on my pictures?
    Last edited by klot; 04-17-2015 at 11:56 AM.

After much searching I located one photo from a re-enactor site. The photo is small but it appears to have the same lanyard pattern. It is described as 5th grade. NH

?

Thanks for your efforts, Neil. This photo I also found, but how you write - it's reenactors page... On pages Helmut Weitz Millitary antique is several Schützenschnur, also the 5th grade but all have the typical zig-zag pattern.
    Unfortunately, there does not download picture, here is the link.
    I think that this string is initialy either for the Wehrmacht, or even DDR army.

?

I have several different Lw marksmanship lanyards, here are 2 of mine.
    Sarge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Schützenschnurr - real or fake?