Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe snow camo

Article about: As I have lost pictures of the similar set I owe about 10 years ago, and trade it to John Suprin. I've never saw pictures of the similar camo being use. This set is for sale at svmilitaria.c

?

Default Luftwaffe snow camo

As I have lost pictures of the similar set I owe about 10 years ago, and trade it to John Suprin. I've never saw pictures of the similar camo being use. This set is for sale at svmilitaria.com. As my set was found in the landing survive pack on the wreck of Stuka Ju-87, they are well preserved in the deep swamp. Just my piece has a black traces from a shoe polish cream which was put inside of the breast pocket. Also this example I can say has the same story, as I can see swamp traces and some rust on surface of the camo, which is from a MP or Hunting gun, which is came in complete with survival kit. Probably that kind of camo was made especially for pilots who has a rescue landing. And only the way to get it- from the recovered bombers...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe snow camo   Luftwaffe snow camo  

Luftwaffe snow camo   Luftwaffe snow camo  

Luftwaffe snow camo   Luftwaffe snow camo  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe snow camo
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe snow camo

that`s a great looking set i have not seen before !

al

Makes me cold just looking at it

Vincent S.
    ?

Hello,

During the research for my book, I studied a few examples of these.
    Although generic to the Luftwaffe forces, these were also issued to regular Luftwaffe soldiers, who were not part of a flight crew.

These are real rare, and it seems that the production of these stopped somewhere in 1940. I have seen early examples, with an early, "droop-tail" eagle embroidered directly onto the fabric with shiny, aluminium thread, but also post-1937 versions, with a white-backed eagle - as shown above-.

According to veteran testimonies, these were hard to come by, even back then.

This item is ofcourse featured in my book, Heer and Luftwaffe Winter Uniforms.

Kind Regards,
    Vincent S.

?

Cool Re: Luftwaffe snow camo

Quote by Vincent S. View Post
    Hello,

During the research for my book, I studied a few examples of these.
    Although generic to the Luftwaffe forces, these were also issued to regular Luftwaffe soldiers, who were not part of a flight crew.

These are real rare, and it seems that the production of these stopped somewhere in 1940. I have seen early examples, with an early, "droop-tail" eagle embroidered directly onto the fabric with shiny, aluminium thread, but also post-1937 versions, with a white-backed eagle - as shown above-.

According to veteran testimonies, these were hard to come by, even back then.

This item is ofcourse featured in my book, Heer and Luftwaffe Winter Uniforms.

Kind Regards,
    Vincent S.
    The planes where the similar winter camo was found is a Stukas, KIA in 1944
    Regards,
    Dimas

Vincent S.
    ?

Indeed, I am aware of that fact. But I have studied examples that were found no where near a crashed plane. It once belonged to a Luftwaffe Felddivision member, according to his inheritants.

To whoever they were issued, they are rare. I can count the surviving examples on a single hand...

Kind regards,
    Vincent S.

I love your example Dimas and thanks you Vincent S. for your information.

rgds, Ty

?

It's not my example, it's currently for sale at a fair price at the website I\ve described above
    Regards,
    Dimas

Thanks Dimas, sorry for my mis-interpretation of the example I still love it!!

Ty