Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket

Article about: Hi gents, I have purchased this Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket. I plan to buy and sew insigna on the jacket. Do you know what kind of isigna the German used on this jacket?

Default Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket

Hi gents,

I have purchased this Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket. I plan to buy and sew insigna on the jacket. Do you know what kind of isigna the German used on this jacket?

Luftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacketLuftwaffe splinter camo jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe splinter camo jacket
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't sew anything on it. It looks great like it is, I would keep it original. Normally, not a lot of insignia was worn on the these jackets, just the special rank insignia for camo clothing on the arm.

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    ..... just the special rank insignia for camo clothing on the arm.
    Hello,
    The rank insignia that you are reffering to is not for camo clothing, it was meant to garments without shoulderstraps...
    A lot of camo clothing had no shoulderstraps that's why you can see this rank insignia on them...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

none.

I agree, do not add any insignia, leave it as it is, by the way nice camo jacket

Agreed, add nothing!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

It's one thing to sew replacement insignia back on , but with no evidence of an eagle or rank being ever on this original item . It feel it would be the wrong thing to do , find one with removed insignia to rebadge . It will look great with belt and Y straps , helmet etc .

?

If there is crystalclear evidence of insignia, then you can consider doing something like you are suggesting to do.

If you still want to sew on insignia, then please buy a good replika of the same type of jacket and sew on the replika insignia of your choice.

I agree, if this jacket never had badges attached then even if you add original badges you are altering or modifying an original artifact. If it did originally have badges attached and you add original period items this is still "restoration" and something to think hard about.

If it is something to support a display of other items in your collection then the other members are quite correct in that there are excellent repro items available and I would never use an original garment in this way as over time it would be damaged by the weight of metal badges and equipment displayed on it. Method of display is crucial with original items. Consider all the daggers we have seen hung up in smoke filled rooms or hats hung on a nail and just how bad they look now!

It's up to you of course but do let us see how you display this great item.

Regards

Mark

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Consider all the daggers we have seen hung up in smoke filled rooms or hats hung on a nail and just how bad they look now!
    That example brought back some memories for sure- When i was a young and innocent lad, i were knocking on doors asking for old militar stuff, me and my pal once got invited in to an old alcoholic soldier. He had this extremely smokefilled room with different militar things on display everywhere, including his medals and diplomas- everything was brownish or yellow of years in the smoke. He even had german jackets hanging together with his daily clothes. I never will forget that smell of old sticky smoke.

Thanks for bringing that memory back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast