Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review

Article about: A auction house has a winter auction - mid January, looking through its on-line catalogue, it has a couple of tunics on offer I'd be interested in, if they are original and not been doctored

?

Default Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review

A auction house has a winter auction - mid January, looking through its on-line catalogue, it has a couple of tunics on offer I'd be interested in, if they are original and not been doctored up. The catalogue has only one picture pro piece and a sparse description - "baize material with stitched breast eagle, Kreta armband, shoulder broads, collar tabs with 3 wing sets, 3rd Reich" I know its unfair to ask from one picture but at the moment I've no option, viewing starts in a couple of days and it unlikely they'll let me take pictures when I'm there. Do members think this one has a chance? I'm far from a expert, however a couple of things bother me - I take the jacket to be (due to the baize colour) South Front for a Obergefreiter (fliegertruppe) looked at luftwaffe tunic pictures on them the breast eagle is positioned so that the swazy under the feet is stitched to the pocket flap, here the eagle is much higher completely above the breast pocket ? do these Sud front tunics have any linings ?. Any information welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review

The insignia is for that of a Feldwebel, either Aircrews (Fliegertruppe), Airborne Parachute Troops (Fallshirmtruppe), or Ground personnel. Original or not, I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say not.

Not liking what I am seeing. Material is odd.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    This tunic hasn't been designed and cut to bear a breast eagle and collar patches/tresse...
    We're not far away from a Fourth Reich item if you want my opinion
    Several photos showing material and interior would help for a definitive answer, but better not to expect something great...but who knows...
    I would like to have a closer view of areas in the red ovals
    Thanks

Luftwaffe Sud Front Feldbluse ? - Up for Review

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Wrong cut of the tunic for Luftwaffe, it has a shirt eagle on it -can't say if original or not- the pips on the SB's are aligned incorrectly, impossible to comment if the cuff title or any of the insignia is correct from one small picture. Not a period original IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It's look to be a French Army tunic, perhaps a marking inside, or no marking(cut). I saw one like this last month, but very dirty.

Leave it well alone,any reputable auction house would know that "if" original this would command a good price and advertise it as so(good pictures,etc).This looks like a complete fantasy to me.

?

I'd like to thank everyone for their help on this one. Today I'd chance to view the tunic, it has no lining and no markings. Looked at a lot of Luftwaffe uniform pictures over the past few days found nothing like this. The auction house has two other tunics on offer - black SS Tunic and a Infantry General's Tunic, all three are bad, asked the auctioneer where they came from "a military collectors is selling them - but we give no guarantee" I should add the auction house is not a military one, but a general antiques one, has old oil painting, carpets, books, porcelain that type of thing. Obviously they've not vetted these military pieces, which considering they get 23% commission of the selling price from the buyer and 23% from the seller = 46% in all of the selling price - a fat wedge, is the first thing they should do and are letting their clientel down badly.
    Another thing crossed my mind about the "collector seller" - we are 120 kilometre from Munich and the home of the most prestigious military auction house in Germany - Hermann Historica surely if these tunic were original SS -Tunic & Infantry General Tunic, it would be the place to sell them, they would be amongst the highlights of any military auction! why bother to chose a provincial auction house ? The seller knows this and also knows Hermann Historica have in-house experts, these pieces would never pass muster, be rejected straight away, he's trying to pull a fast one, better sell them in the backwaters. The start price is 300 Euro, when the auction goes through I'll post the selling price. Regards

?

Well, today was auction day - the "Luftwaffe Tunic" sold for 320 Euro, would have cost the buyer all in ( plus auction house fees) 393 Euro. Seems a unjust world, but I suppose we've been there - bought rubbish.