Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Article about: Hi, I'm considering purchasing this set of insignia (It's particularly the eagle I want). I haven't looked at many of these, but they seems ok, are they genuine? And if so, is £60 a good pri

Default Re: Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Out of curiosity, are the Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia rarer than the Heer sets? I wasn't really aware of these until I found this set, though I've seen many of the army eagle.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?
    P
    Many

Hi Mat, I would say that "rare" etc is a much over used term and can perhaps convay the wrong message. So I would simply say they are seen less often than Heer examples, simply by virtue that the Heer was a bigger organisation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Agree with Ade, less commonly seen because of the differences in size of the two forces.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mat, I would say that "rare" etc is a much over used term and can perhaps convay the wrong message. So I would simply say they are seen less often than Heer examples, simply by virtue that the Heer was a bigger organisation.

Cheers, Ade.
    I thought that would be the reason, and you're right about 'rare' being the wrong choice of words, I didn't really consider that. Thanks for the clarification.

Mat

How much are the national shields worth on their own? I'm keeping these two together, but it just crossed my mind after the mention here that the eagle alone is worth the price I paid.

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2