Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Tropenhelm insignia: Real or Fake?

Article about: So.... I just bought this today at a military antique thing. I bought it from a vet so i didnt question it at first. Then i started looking to see if i got a good deal or not I did not see a

Default Luftwaffe Tropenhelm insignia: Real or Fake?

So.... I just bought this today at a military antique thing. I bought it from a vet so i didnt question it at first. Then i started looking to see if i got a good deal or not I did not see a SINGLE one that looked like mine so i got nervous and still am. I just hope i didnt get ripped off. Im still new to this and no job so.... money is important. Even if it is fake it still looks cool on display anyway. It was sold as a Luftwaffe hat pin/general's pin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tropenhelm insignia: Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

I believe this is the badge from a Luftwaffe pith helmet. I don't know whether or not it's authentic, but you may be able to find some others online for comparison.

Edit: you were correct. Its from the pith helmets from africa. So far everything looks real that i can tell by comparison. I paid $30 so i hope that wasnt bad assuming its real. But at least 15 too much for a good repro.

This item belongs in the Luftwaffe insignia forum..thread moved.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry about that.
    Also any other opinions are welcome