Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe tunic

Article about: Silly Question perhaps, but how long after the war did the zig zag stitching under the collar carry on for?. That was sometimes the first thing to look for

Default Re: Luftwaffe tunic

Silly Question perhaps, but how long after the war did the zig zag stitching under the collar carry on for?. That was sometimes the first thing to look for

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tunic
    P
    Many

I find this tunic intriging.

It is certainly not British or US in origin.

It features a lot of wartime German construction techniques. Just look at the jacket interior. Pockets and belt ramp supports etc.

There is a wartime fabric known as Grunmeliert, which is used in FJ smocks, and features a similar "multi colour" effect to the weave, but obviously not in blue like this.

Zig Zag reinforment stitching to the neck is not an indication of originality.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very interesting to know what it really is! I did not notice the "eagle" at first, other than the patch itself looked a bit roundish. The tunic gave me an instant creepy feeling though, even as Ade wrote, there is quite some WW2 period similarities in the construction.

Regards, Lars

The tunic is something of an enigma which is why I did not comment on it, just the elongated tabs and the ugly fake eagle. It would be interesting if anyone does know what it was originally for as not one I recognise and it does as Ade mentioned have some feature that you would find on WWII German tunics, but also as others have mentioned, features that you would not expect to see.

Certainly a strange item, maybe some lesser east European nation gave birth to it or an early movie prop.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

a candidate for this tunic could be a member of the Reichs Luftschutze Bund.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2