Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs

Article about: Does anyone have any period photos with a tunic like this being used? I can't seem to find any. The tunic is from John Telesmanich at German War Booty

Thanks for the link Cody.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs
    P
    Many

Not a problem at all Ade. Tball, here are the images you've requested; they can also be found in the link I posted originally proved by Ade. I'd like to also add that this tunic has been for sale on Johns site for years, as well elsewhere, and if the insignia was period-applied it would've sold a long time ago as these are extremely rare and desirable and the asking price is only 1k usd.
    More items than most would care to believe are restored, especially these tunic. IMO this is undoubtably one of them; just incase you're hoping for a chance it may Not be restored. Good luck, and regardless, it's still a original example and a great representation.
    Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabsLuftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs

Quote by pegase View Post
    hi
    a link about the collar tabs

The Collector's Guild

@+, hughes
    I'd say the tab in the link above is over-priced. Market value for a single c-camp tab would be 175-225 usd in that condition. It's also not a hard example to find either.

?

I have looked at this jacket several times, but there is something about it i dont like. So i stick to my instincts, and have let it pass.

The owner of the shop is an absolute pleasure to do business with, i have just positive things to say about him as a person and as a businessman.

I would not be comfortable adding this piece to my collection for the previously cited reasons. For a first tunic, I would suggest buying something more vanilla. This is a piece that will always require too much explaining which in my mind makes it a put together tunic.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 11-30-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    I have only seen one photo of Luft personnel guarding around a camp' and I don't remember where been a number of years ago and then read they were involved with KZ which I didn't know I only thought of them in POW camps guarding allied airmen. timothy
    As stated earlier in the thread, many Luftwaffe personnel were indeed drafted into the KZ system to serve as guards in the camps - it was fairly common, especially during the phase which saw massive expansion of Außenlagers, Außenkommando (sub-camps and external work details that fell under the administration of the major KLs) that took place through the latter stages of the war. Generally speaking, the SS staff who remained within the camp system as the war came to a close were typically older or wounded veterans - the vast majority of younger SS men had long since been sent to the front, or they were female - some several thousand women served as Aufseherinnen (wardresses or overseers) in the camps.

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2