Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?

Article about: Hi.. I'm thinking of placing a bid on this Luftwaffe Tunic. I'm look for some thoughts as to authentic and confirm that it is a Medical corps/administrative tunic. The photos aren't the best

?

Default Luftwaffe Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?

Hi.. I'm thinking of placing a bid on this Luftwaffe Tunic. I'm look for some thoughts as to authentic and confirm that it is a Medical corps/administrative tunic. The photos aren't the best, but opinions are welcome.. thanks

Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?
    P
    Many

I like it. Medical.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As usual.. thanks for the help Ade..

a nice Hauptmann tunic medical.

It's for the "TSD" Truppsonderdienst. A medic would have the medical caduceus minus the wings and just a single snake.

Cheers
    Larry

?

Thanks for the info. You pointed me in the right direction, and I can see the difference. The single snake on the staff for medical and the double snake on the Winged Murcurian Staff for Truppsonderdienst (TSD). I realize that it is a staff officer in Special Services Branch, but what kind of special service would he preform? Inteligence? The blue is a little different shade. But, I assume that it is still Luftwaffe?

These were the beamte officials of the Luftwaffe, which from February 1944 were formed into what was called the TSD (Truppensonderdienst), They went from being "Officials" to "Active" officers of the Luftwaffe.

Cheers
    Larry

very nice especially being made in Breslau / Wroclaw and great photography !

?

i always loved these studi photos
    just like the officers themselves making pictures in nice fotostudios

The Truppensonderdienst or TSD was formed with an order of 24 Feb. 1944. It was composed of officials [Beamte] of certain categories and some specialized officers who now became who now became Offiziere des Truppensonderdienstes.

The TSD had two specialized careers [Laufbahnen], the Laufbahn des Verwaltungsdienstes im TSD [Career of the Administrative Service in the TSD] and the Laufbahn der Wehrmachtrichter im TSD [Career of the Armed Forces Judges in the TSD].

The former had light blue branch color and a caduceus shoulder board device, the latter wore wine red branch color and a sword shoulder board device.

The TSD had special rank designations which were different for the two careers and also different from the normal officer ranks.

The tunic above is for an officer with the rank of Stabsintendant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast