Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Veterans Lot...

Article about: Hello, Any other comments on this grouping? I am truely interested in learning more about this grouping. It is not every day you see a luftwaffe tunic with a Heer infantry assault badge atta

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Veterans Lot...

Hello,

Any other comments on this grouping? I am truely interested in learning more about this grouping. It is not every day you see a luftwaffe tunic with a Heer infantry assault badge attached. Being a luftwaffe guy wouldn't he have had a Luftwaffe ground assault badge?

Fred

2. # ADS

?

Hi Fred. Someone here may correct me, but some Luftwaffe divisions were embedded with Heer divisions, which would have resulted in him (Adolf) receiving a Heer IAB. If someone would like to expand on that I'd love to hear a better, more detailed explanation of how/why he received this badge as well.

I'd also like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on the 4-page document I posted photos of (click on each page to enlarge to legible size). I have no idea what that document is, perhaps a timeline of Adolf's service?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Dzyner,

The 4 page document is the Heer statement of the battles of the polish campaign. It has battles for the north and south groups. I think you should post the award documents on the document forum. The feldpost number on the stamps will lead to a unit if legible. Also research on the unit on the award document through the lexicon could give you a feldpost number and or commanders names.

Fred

?

Thanks Fred. That's a great idea (posting the docs on the documents forum). I don't typically collect just documents so the thought didn't even cross my mind.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Also check out the lexicon for the unit on the documents. Alot of times it lists the unit feldpost number, commander and unit location.

Fred

?

That is an outstanding group along with photos of him wearing it. I wish you luck in the research on the documents!!
    Great snag.That tunic looks to be in beautiful condition . I take it you are in Germany?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

There is one photo of the guy wearing what appears to be the posted uniform with Spiess cuff stripes. It does not show the eagle and the collar tabs appear to be a light color as does the piping of the boards. In the other photos, one of the pictures appears that he is wearing the same tunic, at least it has an early eagle, but the collar tabs are a different color. It looks like he was promoted in a bau or construction unit,Pioneer. In at least 2 pictures he has black or a dark colored collar tab. In other photos it is not black but it doesn't appear to be yellow.
    I am not fluent in German and my translation is not to be trusted. I believe that this group has some serious questions concerning units, assignments and awards. Neat group in my opinion but needs some study.

Fred

?

Quite a Collection!

Amazing, absolutely amazing. Yes, some very nice bubbly is certainly in order!!! ;-)

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is an outstanding group along with photos of him wearing it. I wish you luck in the research on the documents!!
    Great snag.That tunic looks to be in beautiful condition . I take it you are in Germany?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi Phil. Thanks for the kind words. I've not found a single flaw with the tunic, it's in stellar condition! I'm actually in the Midwest US

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast