Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe White Summer Tunic...

Article about: Tom, you are not understanding here. The tunic is NOT ripped. The seams are left open like this for the shoulder board of this style to be inserted through. Done for ease of cleaning the tun

Default Re: Luftwaffe White Summer Tunic...

Managed to buy this tunic for £32 inc p&p =D
    Thanks, Glen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe White Summer Tunic...
    P
    Many

I look forward to some better pics when you have it in hand. Always going to be worth that sort of money even if it's post war, but if it is TR period you have made a very good purchase.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well im pretty sure its TR as why else would it have loops for a breast eagle? Also Ade believes its TR =D
    Thanks, Glen.

I must have missed the post where Ade said it was TR, or was it by PM? I can see at least two things that I have not seen on original tunics of this type from this period, but that does not mean it is not TR period, but it might not be, I'll post my opinion based on better pics when I see them.

And yes, fakers add the loops for an eagle to fool the unwary!
    Regards,

Jerry

Ade said, quote "It is TR for what I can see." and i respect Ade's opinion. Steve has posted a postwar type looking tunic which has the basic same design however, the shoulder boards have a completely different attachment as my one has the 'T-shape' fitting which matches the period original examples.
    Thanks, Glen.

Where is Ade's quote ? - I also must have missed it.........!

Fakers can open up the shoulders to insert boards
    as well, but as said, you can't lose for $50.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi Glenny,
    you got a good deal whatever this jacket turns out to be, but I would be wary of the size label. I'm not an expert, but it doesn't give me a good feeling. I looks post war to me. I used to work in vintage/resale clothing and judging by labels can be dodgy when trying to figure out age, but it can usually point in the right direction if you look at typeface, size, color of letters etc. Based on ONLY the size label, I would be wary. However, you got a nice jacket regardless of what it turns out to be, and I would be pleased to be wrong.

Can anyone post a pic of East German coat labels? I'm pretty sure I've seen the same label inside of a polyester DDR Wachmantel.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Hi Glenny,
    you got a good deal whatever this jacket turns out to be, but I would be wary of the size label. I'm not an expert, but it doesn't give me a good feeling. I looks post war to me. I used to work in vintage/resale clothing and judging by labels can be dodgy when trying to figure out age, but it can usually point in the right direction if you look at typeface, size, color of letters etc. Based on ONLY the size label, I would be wary. However, you got a nice jacket regardless of what it turns out to be, and I would be pleased to be wrong.

Can anyone post a pic of East German coat labels? I'm pretty sure I've seen the same label inside of a polyester DDR Wachmantel.

The size labels are one of the issues I see with this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Tom, you are not understanding here. The tunic is NOT ripped. The seams are left open like this for the shoulder board of this style to be inserted through. Done for ease of cleaning the tunic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Huh...you live and learn......Never ever seen this type of attachment before, button on yes.....sewn in.yes......this type.....no!

OK... i received a PM not a post. Im no expert in these but yes the label is slightly disconcerting but i weighed up the pros and cons, i managed to stake more pros than cons. I'm glad i got it at a good price and i intend to put original insignia back onto it. Steve posted a pic of a post-war version which although it looked the same it had quite a few differences, perhaps this example was re-issued as it looked the same which could explain the label although im really not sure =/
    Thanks, Glen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast