Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwafffe Uniforms

Article about: Okay, lastly we will try Luftwaffe. Here are some of the Luftwaffe uniforms and headgear that I have. Enjoy.

Default Luftwafffe Uniforms

Okay, lastly we will try Luftwaffe. Here are some of the Luftwaffe uniforms and headgear that I have. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwafffe Uniforms   Luftwafffe Uniforms  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwafffe Uniforms
    P
    Many

Quite impressive. Love them, and decked out too! NICE. K.

Wow !!! ... Magnificent displays, they look superb !

Very best wishes

Bob

Superb groupings! Always great to see Quality!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Looks absolutely great.

( I bet your home/bunker smells wonderfully historical, like a high class museum or someting. )

Very nice, love the generals tunic.

Thank you all for your kind comments. The general's uniform is named to Schleich, who was a signals general. I don't have all the information on him so I don't know exactly which medals he wore. He probably had the German Cross in Silver (DKiS) instead of Gold. These pictures are from Bill Shea's website when he was selling this: tunic and breeches. The collector who bought it, also bought a matching greatcoat from Shea's personal collection. The collector added the wide, brown leather belt, boots, and a four medal bar with a single Long Service Medal with a Luftwaffe pin. He decided to sell it for whatever reason and I bought it from Peter Whamond of The Collectors Guild in Canada (a good guy by the way). It took me a full year to pay for this. Then the big surprise, the price of a Luftwaffe General's Service Cap was higher than this entire uniform grouping. I found and bought a beautiful LW General's Overseas Cap, which fits this fine; however, I have another Generalmajor tunic on layaway. It is the walk out dress with the white lapels. It needs the service cap so I have one on layaway. It's a double Erel and has all gold bullion insignia.
    Wagriff: Quality is my middle name. I don't collect junk. The better the condition the better. I don't like things that have been buried for 50 years. When I began expanding into Wehrmacht, I maintained my standard of quality. Junk will always be junk!

I do like your way of collecting PC, and your Luftwaffe items are just top of the range, hopefully you will post photos of your new
    generals cap when it arrives, here is a nice early double Erel visor cap I have....

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwafffe Uniforms  

That's a beauty, Bob.

Actually, I have photos of the service cap. These are Bill Shea's photos. He told me that when I get near to paying it off, he'd replace the cello chin strap with a bullion one. I really don't like the cello chin strap, but if you look close, isn't the piping around the top of the cap cello?

Cello has been around since the 1920s. A lot of collectors think that cello is late war. Not so. And I guess it's personal preference as to which you buy. Look at my SS-Brigadefuhrer tunic. Silver bullion sleeve eagle, bullion collar tabs --- cello shoulder boards. It's right as rain.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwafffe Uniforms  Luftwafffe Uniforms 

I remember seeing that one on Bill's site, lovely cap, and I agree, I think the piping is indeed cellion, and the chin cords would make the
    cap look a bit more impressive with a set of bullion cords to match the insignia. Congratulations on another superb addition.

Bob