Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-44 Heer tunic

Article about: M-44 Heer tunic bought at a old flea market 30 some years ago it is a salty tunic and not your textbook M-44 however I have seen them and owned one made from a cut down overcoat. I have even

Default M-44 Heer tunic

M-44 Heer tunic bought at a old flea market 30 some years ago it is a salty tunic and not your textbook M-44 however I have seen them and owned one made from a cut down overcoat. I have even seen some from cutdown WW1 uniforms. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-44 Heer tunic   M-44 Heer tunic  

M-44 Heer tunic   M-44 Heer tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-44 Heer tunic
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This one is not the Feldbluse from the 1944 Neue Uniform, it is a shortened Feldbluse 1933 modified 1943.
    When was it modified ?
    That's the question...and it's impossible to answer such a question...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks a bunch JP I have always been curious about it as I have seen a lot of weird modified later in the war stuff. That explains a lot of things. I will look closer at the M-33 in FeldBluse. timothy

I cannot be certain, but the makers code "0649" may welll indicate it was made somewhere in the Rhineland.

Interesting item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian I found 0650 as a Rineland maker and I think this one is also I almost said this in opening post that would be pretty neat. timothy

Interesting to see, thank you for posting.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Timothy, Can you post some pics of it full from the front, please?
    I want to see the cut. I'm trying to get the feel of these late war tunics.

Default M-44 Type Tunic

Here you go Dean I hope this is what you want as my original pictures didn't show a good overall front shot. Bear in mind this is not the wide band on the waist that is found on the Neue M-44 that is what had me baffled until JP identified it as a cutdown M-33 I have seen a lot of different cuts of these reworked late in the war I once had one made from a M-40 overcoat with shortened collar and cut at the waist with added front pockets I had a collector friend that had one made from a WW1 tunic! cut down with front pockets added still had the BAX 1916 marks in it. I think there is a good chance this one was made or rather reworked in the Rhineland as RBN 0649 as Ade says is a Rineland maker this one is 0649 I found 0650 as a Rhineland maker
    and I think this is also a Rhineland maker that is why I said pretty neat as my Dad (94th) infantry Div fought in the Rhineland. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-44 Heer tunic   M-44 Heer tunic  

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This one is not the Feldbluse from the 1944 Neue Uniform, it is a shortened Feldbluse 1933 modified 1943.
    When was it modified ?
    That's the question...and it's impossible to answer such a question...
    Thanks
    Hi Timothy, I used to have an excellent M33 feldbluse and I absolutely agree that this was once one that has been converted to M44. It is really interesting to see how this has been done, a superb jacket!! Leon.

Thanks Leon those m-33 they say are really rare in these days just not many of them to choose from you just don't see them for sale. I let a lot of good tunics go in the past boy I wish I still had some of them. timothy