Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M36 tunic opinions

Article about: I just acquired this tunic at an auction at a low enough price that if it's not genuine, I won't hang myself. After a closer inspection the stitching looks hand made and there is no RBN #. T

?

Default M36 tunic opinions

I just acquired this tunic at an auction at a low enough price that if it's not genuine, I won't hang myself. After a closer inspection the stitching looks hand made and there is no RBN #. There is no fluorescence with UV light. I suspect it is one of the altered Swedish tunics. I would appreciate opinions on this tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M36 tunic opinions   M36 tunic opinions  

M36 tunic opinions   M36 tunic opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M36 tunic opinions
    P
    Many

?

No holes for belt hooks. Not a Good sign at all.

I think you are right it is made to deceive.

?

Any thoughts on the insignia?

Hello,
    dont be in hurry to put it in the trash...or in a cardboard box in your garage.
    From these photos, it appears to me that the item shown here may be a privately purchased tunic for an Artillerie Offizier...I'm not yet saying it's original of course. The lack of markings would be normal in this case, the mixed linings is also a well known feature, the lack of hook eyelet would be also the "standard" for a privately purchased tunic. More photos would help here...like a close shot of the shoulderboards, especially if they're sew-in, close shot of the back of the collar, of how it is sewn to the tunic, close shots of material used for the linings...etc....all these small details that are invisible on these photos...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JP is correct.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the info. Then I won't send it to "Goodwill" just yet. Here are better photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M36 tunic opinions   M36 tunic opinions  

?

Upon further inspection I found some characters on the collar that I thought might be interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M36 tunic opinions  

Hello,
    Honestly, i don't see any red flag here...unless i missed something for me it's a privately purchased tunic with what looks like original insignia...
    The embroidered Hoheitsabzeichen looks good to me, the felt back collar is very common with this kind of item. It is hard to comment on the shoulderboards as there's no close shot in the photos shown. Considering their silver color, i guess that they're non combat Heer artillery examples (used for normal Dienst only) or Luftwaffe FlaK...Shoulderboards worn in combat by german Heer officers were more matt than the ones shown here.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)