Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Feldbluse Evaluation

Article about: Hi I'd like to hear opinions about this one...The Ostmedal band glows under black light however this could be an effect of postwar cleaning.If you need more pictures I can post

Default M40 Feldbluse Evaluation

Hi
    I'd like to hear opinions about this one...The Ostmedal band glows under black light however this could be an effect of postwar cleaning.If you need more pictures I can post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Feldbluse Evaluation   M40 Feldbluse Evaluation  

M40 Feldbluse Evaluation   M40 Feldbluse Evaluation  

M40 Feldbluse Evaluation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Feldbluse Evaluation
    P
    Many

?

Default re: M40 Feldbluse Evaluation

Can we see the sewing construction under the collar, please?
    Thanks,Dean.

Default Re: M40 Feldbluse Evaluation

Hello,
    Better photos of the Feldbluse would be helpful, with natural light if possible.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Can we see the sewing construction under the collar, please?
    Thanks,Dean.
    I will put some daylight ones shortly,thanks anyway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Feldbluse Evaluation   M40 Feldbluse Evaluation  

?

Proper liner cloth but indeed strange construction
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The eagle is a well known fake, so this could cast doubts on the tunic, not really my area of knowledge though, so I wont pass comment.

And the backing colour of the eagle is wrong.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Feldbluse Evaluation  

Hi Jerry.I hadn't noticed that the eagle had flaws, you are probably right.The tunic was bought on an auction without the breast eagle I had to sew one myself.I am think of posting a picture of a framed template I 've made with various kinds of Army (Heer) eagles.Needeless to say that your mind-and other mates of course shall be valuable and most appreciated! Thank you.
    Notis

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Hi Jerry.I hadn't noticed that the eagle had flaws, you are probably right.The tunic was bought on an auction without the breast eagle I had to sew one myself.I am think of posting a picture of a framed template I 've made with various kinds of Army (Heer) eagles.Needeless to say that your mind-and other mates of course shall be valuable and most appreciated! Thank you.
    Notis
    That would be interesting to see, I have had similar thoughts and I am trying to gather an example of each type to illustrate the evolution of Heer bevo eagles.

Jerry

Hello,
    To be perfectly honest, i don't like very much the construction, the lining, close not not cigar, the fact the lining under the collar is the same than inside the tunic, Litzen and Tresse are most probably postwar applied. The major problem is the tabs for retaining the hooks meant to support the belt...are they factory made?, were they modified?...in 1940 when this tunic was supposed to be accepted, there was no tab yet, they appeared later, in 1942...in 1940 there still was the system including two long cloth straps over the shoulders...and your tunic seems to have the slits for using the cloth straps suspenders and the tabs ???
    It should be one system or another, not both on the same Feldbluse...the white thread used inside is also a concern...the shoulderstraps as well...sorry.
    That's why better photos are needed, it's always hard to give an opinion without handling the items, so nice and clear photos are very useful.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The "Lago Hessen" stamp had me wondering if this tunic was made by the US re-enactment supplier Hessen? I have looked at some of his tunics, but could not find an exact match re the lining. Just a though.

I can only say this tunic would not be for me.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast