Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Drillich

Article about: Hello everybody, I’m new in this Forum. I’m a collector from Germany. I want to show you my latest item. A M43 Drillich Uniform. I think it’s an original and I like to hear your opinions on

Default M43 Drillich

Hello everybody,
    I’m new in this Forum. I’m a collector from Germany.
    I want to show you my latest item. A M43 Drillich Uniform.
    I think it’s an original and I like to hear your opinions on it.
    (sorry if my English is not good)

Greetings
    ThomasM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 DrillichM43 Drillich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Drillich
    P
    Many

Hello,

It appears to be a very nice M43 summer weight tunic. The collar tabs look originally sewn. To bad the eagle is gone. That can be fixed easily. The hole in the shoulder is not nice though.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Fred

Dein Englisch ist sehr gut. You have a good Bluse. It appears the pockets were cut from a slightly different shade of Drillich cloth. It is not unusual to see things like this pieced together. A replacement Adler should be easy to locate and re-apply. Regarding the hole in the shoulder, it might be a good idea to repair it so that it does not tear. Finding the right material will be a challenge. You could leave it as is - in its current condition - but use caution when handling it. NH

Hello,
    thank you for your response!
    I`ve got an Breasteagle for Mannschaften M42/M43 version and also an Eagle for Drillich. But I think the M42/M43 fits better.
    The hole in the shoulder is not nice but it`s ok for me.

CBH
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Dein Englisch ist sehr gut. You have a good Bluse. It appears the pockets were cut from a slightly different shade of Drillich cloth. It is not unusual to see things like this pieced together. A replacement Adler should be easy to locate and re-apply. Regarding the hole in the shoulder, it might be a good idea to repair it so that it does not tear. Finding the right material will be a challenge. You could leave it as is - in its current condition - but use caution when handling it. NH
    I believe the Dutch and Norwegians used a similar Herringbone twill after the war , you may find a patch there . Bleach a couple pieces of cloth to colour match , just a thought .

Hello,

The eagle that you say is for the drillich, is it an embroidered eagle? There was no specific eagle for the drillich uniforms. They used the standard BeVo weave eagles. Late in the war the Heer started using embroidered eagles on wool and drillich tunics. This eagle is sometimes called a shirt eagle which is also a fallacy. They were sometimes used on shirts but not meant to be used on shirts. They came in a lot of different shades of grey and green.

Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Drillich   M43 Drillich  

Hello Fred Green,
    thanks for your advice.
    I know what you mean but those eagles were only made for the Drillich or am I wrong?
    I will make photos of both eagles when i´m at home.

Hello,

The embroidered eagle was one of the last eagles produced for the Heer. They were not specifically made for the drillich. They were used on wool tunics also. I once owned an M43 with a machine sewn embroidered eagle on it. The tunic was dated 1944.The BeVo weave 1940 Grey on field grey eagle is probably seen more on the drillich than the embroidered eagle. Either eagle is correct.

Fred

Hello agian,
    I finnaly got pictures of the eagles.
    As I said the M42/43 fits better.
    Sorry for the worse photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Drillich   M43 Drillich