Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Keilhose

Article about: Hi, I have attached pictures of my M43 Keilhose which I have been in my collection for the last 20 years. They are a 36 inch waist, have captured Russian stamps and minor period field repair

Default M43 Keilhose

Hi,

I have attached pictures of my M43 Keilhose which I have been in my collection for the last 20 years. They are a 36 inch waist, have captured Russian stamps and minor period field repairs. I am downsizing my collection and was wondering how much they are now worth? Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Keilhose   M43 Keilhose  

M43 Keilhose   M43 Keilhose  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Keilhose
    P
    Many

Anyone,

Can I have your opinions of my keilhose?

Hello,
    Do the fly buttonholes are horizontal or do they have an angle ?
    Is there a reinforcing cloth sewn under the pocket watch ?
    Any german marking left, even faint ?
    Always tough to give an opinion on M43 pants without actually handling them...
    I've seen repros that could deceive anyone...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default M43 Keilhose additional pictures

Hi,

I have attached a picture which shows the shows the fly is at an angle, the other picture shows the reinforcement below the pocket watch. There are also some very very faint numbers near the fly but I don't think these can be seen from the picture.

Notice that the pocket linings and the fob pocket are made from field grey material and not the steel grey as per the rest of the keilhose. Can I have your opinions please.

Regards Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Keilhose   M43 Keilhose  

Hello,
    The buttonholes do not have a angle on your pants, they're horinzontal but slightly deformed...the angle i was talking about in my previous post can be seen in the photo below...It is the correct angle for the vast majority of german producted military pants...

M43 Keilhose

Concerning my second question about the reinforcing cloth underneath the fob Pocket, the photo you posted does not show the important part....you can see in the photo below what would be interesting to see....underneath this Feldgau piece of cloth....

M43 Keilhose

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default M43 Keilhose

I see your point about the button fly.

I've done a burn test on all part of loose cotton and it burns not melts. I've also looked at the stiching around each button hole and the thread is all the way over the material which is also correct.

What is your opinion?

regards

Steve

The reinforcing cloth underneath the pocket has gone, however there are needle marks, looking at the pants more carefully I think it has been used as part of the field repair by the pocket which you can see in Picture 2 if you enlarge it.

I have examined the thread on this repair and it passes the burn test.

Regards

Steve