Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M44 feldbluse for a Heer Obergefreiter

Article about: Hi all, showing a recent acquisition. I had another M44 tunic in Italian (green) cloth, but this example is made from a brownish-green 'Feldgrau 44' cloth that is a near perfect match to my

Fine, textbook, large size too...chest 102 ? Usually these are seen very small sized. Nice grab !!

Would not get "hung up" on the mismatched straps. Or lighter, worn piping on one. It is impossible to be assured straps are original to a tunic. Too me, & I have had many tunics, the eagle & tabs can be vetted, they are the most important items. So many battle tunics have straps of "dubious" installation. It is to be expected

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M44 feldbluse for a Heer Obergefreiter
    P
    Many

Paul,

This is a beautiful looking uniform. It is hard to believe that it is 70 years old in this great condition.. Thank you for sharing

Smitty

Hello,
    It is a very nice example of the Feldbluse 44 made in the Feldgrau 44 wool adopted at the same time than the Neue Uniform.
    My advice would be to get a nice Aertex shirt to go with it, with of course the shirt collar covering the Feldbluse collar *
    what you could also do is pinch the front of the crown of the Einheitsfeldmütze in order to stick to the german military fashion of the time...**
    Congrats and thanks for sharing this beauty with us...
    Thanks

* & ** : when the set will be out of the box again of course

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by PaulW View Post
    Thank-you very much guys - much appreciated.

Sadly it is packed away again, the wife doesn't tolerate mannequins wandering around the house!

Best regards, Paul
    That's a shame to have such a nice tunic packed away! Time for a man cave where the mannequins can roam free!

Don't forget the moth balls. There is already a lot of nap wear on this.. Just some friendly advice.

Put them in the pockets...not on the tunic. They have a tendency to stain while they are melting.

Maybe after the wife smells the aroma of moth balls, she may let you display it out in the open air

MAP
    ?

I've been told that "Bounce" brand fabric softener sheets work well. I have them all over my war room as well as Cedar strips....

Don't have moths...but that doesn't necessarily mean they are keeping them away...Maybe I just ...don't have moths....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The "Bounce sheets" are said to be great to repel Bedbugs. Rent a hotel room...toss a couple under the mattress if you fear them.

?

Thanks all. I used to have a very nice man-cave before my youngest child came along!

Am very conscious of moths too. The upside of not being able to display much is that it tends to keep my collection better preserved. At the moment I use these Tyvek bags from Preservation Equipment Ltd. They have a tie at the top to make a very tight seal:-

https://www.preservationequipment.co...lothing-Covers

and put moth-balls inside the (sealed) covers. I use Zensect Moth-balls as they are inside a small bag that prevents staining. You can pick them up on E-Bay and Amazon.

Zensect Moth Proofer Balls 20 Units | eBay

These uniforms are like me, not getting any younger!

Cheers, Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images M44 feldbluse for a Heer Obergefreiter  M44 feldbluse for a Heer Obergefreiter 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2