Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget

Article about: Here is another one that doesn't show up for sale too often. There is a logical reason why this Gorget is unique amongst TR military Gorgets in not featuring an eagle. I wonder if anyone can

?

Default Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget

Here is another one that doesn't show up for sale too often. There is a logical reason why this Gorget is unique amongst TR military Gorgets in not featuring an eagle. I wonder if anyone can guess what it is ?

Marine-Küstenpolizei GorgetMarine-Küstenpolizei Gorget

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget

I dont know, but thanks for posting.
    That one was new to me.

Default Re: Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget

Another nice original item.

I am at a bit of a loss re the eagle? Have to think on this one....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Its one of these things that becomes obvious once you know. Here's a clue - its to do with how the Gorget is worn.

Ah.....now I get you! All down the pin back fastening and not a chain suspension.

I was trying to think of some kind of traditional unit lineage type thing....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

OK, it was probably an unfair question if you haven't seen how it should be worn. A little while back I was fortunate enough to acquire what is so far the only image known of the Gorget being worn in the regulation position (there must be more out there but this is the only one I know of - it will feature in the new Wim Saris book on Gorgets).

As you can see, the Gorget isn't worn centred on the chest, but on the right, immediately below the breast eagle. In effect, the tunic breast eagle replaces the Gorget eagle found on the Army Fg Gorget.

Goodness knows why they went for this design (may be something to do with the double breasted tunic, as this wouldn't allow the normal buttonhole prong type fitting as on the Army gorgets which requires a single breasted jacket with central row of buttonholes).

The MKP Gorget could be suspended from a chain, but only on the great coat, and this required a bizzare arrangement with two short pieces of chain one sewn under each side of the collar, then the pin on the Gorget passed through the bottom link of each piece of chain.

Marine-Küstenpolizei Gorget.

?

Okay, you are officially a gorget geek!

Just kidding - its great, that your bring this one to our attention.
    What a strange way to wear the gorget as compared to the 'Feldgendarmarie' gorget wear. Well, you certainly expanded my gorget horizon today, thanks