Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?

Article about: I think it would be nice, and there are a few on the forum. Ill start with myne. A named Gefreiter waffenrock from the 57th infanty regiment. Cheers. Nuno

Default Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?

I think it would be nice, and there are a few on the forum.
    Ill start with myne.
    A named Gefreiter waffenrock from the 57th infanty regiment.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?   Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?  

Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?   Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?  

Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?   Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?  

Post your tunics everyone.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I'll post mine once I am done restoring it!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'll post mine once I am done restoring it!
    Do that.
    Cheers
    Nuno

It looks really good mate. I don't have any rocks to contribute
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Don't have a Waffenrock to show, but here is a wartime image of one of the rarest of all Waffenrocks, the Feldgendarmerie, complete with arm eagle and cuffband. In over 40 years, I've only encountered three photos showing this rare beast, and never seen an original surviving example, though it would be easy enough for a faker to modify a recruiting Waffenrock.
    Attached Images Attached Images Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics? 

Hi,

here is a shot of four of mine.

I shall contribute by posting each one in detail later with explanations about the insignia were relevant and info about their unit history if that will help.

Cheers

Tony

Fantastic, that would be great Tony.
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi,

To put this post into context I thought it may be useful to add a bit of background to the development of the waffenrock.

This is very basic detail and I would be happy to expand if the forum felt the info would be useful but here goes a "history of" in a paragraph....

The introduction of the parade tunic in 1936 was the re-invention of the wheel in terms of walking out and parade dress, the Imperial army had of course had one since the formation of the second reich in 1871. The introduction of the field grey uniform in 1907 meant that the old blue uniform was then only used purely for best.

This example is for Royal Bavarian Infantry Regt 3. It was made between 1888 and 1896 judging by the features found on the tunic. It belonged to Karl Gorlach a member of 10th Kompanie. This regt was based in Augsburg.

Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?Maybe a pinned thread on Waffenrock tunics?

The end of WW1 and the formation of the Reichswehr meant that true to it's republican foundation there was no need for the parades of the old imperial army and consequently no provision was made for a specific parade dress. The wool uniform covered all the requirements of the soldier. In 1927 this shifted slightly with the introduction of new regulations and new tunics. One of these new designs was used as a walking out tunic and had piping down the front to show branch of service but it was not an issue item and had to be bought privately.

Here is an example of a "walking out" tunic which has been used during the TR period. The owner was a ww1 veteran and a captain in pioneer battalion 1. His details have been sadly lost to time.

Next post will be the TR tunics.

cheers for reading

Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast