Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

medical Oberst

Article about: Hi I love combat tunics, but ussually they are not named. I have a weakness for named tunics. I preferr pioneer uniforms, but I could not resist this medical tunic. regards Juan

Default Re: medical Oberst

PS:

the 57. ID was formed in Landshut. It’s a about 50 km Nord-East of Munich where you Tunic is manufactured! With exeption of the “Grossdeutschland” Division, each Regiement were filled with man from that territory! So the ID division considers out of Regiments formed into Bavaria. The info fits perfect to your jacket, so congratulation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement medical Oberst
    P
    Many

?

Excellent piece of research work westland
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Excellent piece of research work westland
    Thanks Paul, it’s part of my hobby and I like to help. I’ve also a couple of named tunics, and it’s always a pleasure if the parts perfectly fall together. I know it’s often difficult to find some names, because the nametags often give some weird info they usually aren’t traceable at all if you research them 1:1, but are (mostly) original as well. Ignorant people often entitle such tags as fantasy or even fake, based only on a bad feeling, but totally undeserved! This one proves this statement perfectly that this not always the case, because this time everything falls perfectly together.

Quote by Westland View Post
    Hi Juan,

Waw, a real stunning Tunic, I love the condition and quality!

I've some information of the original owner for you. He served into the 57. ID.

It belongs to Oberstfeldarzt Dr. Hörmann who was promoted on 12. Mai 1941 (12.05.41) as Korpsarzt of the 57. Infanty-Division. (Korpsarzt = chief of the medics on divisional level)

On the label is Hörmann written as Höermann but “ö” notation can also be written as “oe” and the dots can be a mistake of the Taylor… (these mistakes were not uncommon, and I’ve seen these mistakes often, and after all, should you care if someone put your name somewhat wrong in the inner site of your jacket?

I think this was his (so called) “Heimatsjacke”, the jacket he worn if he was off duty in Germany. The reason because why is that the jacket is in a very good shape, with almost no wearing, but it’s a really beautiful jacket and I should also be proud to own it.

I hope you appreciate the info and wishes you many fun with it, and please if you put in on display, be aware you put a cover over it if you arn't looking at it, so it's protected agains dust, flydirt, direct UV-light and other trouble!

Hi
    Thanks a lot. It is always nice to ID the soldier. Thanks for the tips to help to preserve the jacket.

Juan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2