MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic

Article about: Hello, I only have a few wool tunics in my collection,no HBT's. For what I've read here on the forum I have a few questions... I would like to purchase this tunic but.... - Are Luftwaffe tun

Default Mint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic

Hello,

I only have a few wool tunics in my collection,no HBT's. For what I've read here on the forum I have a few questions...

I would like to purchase this tunic but....

- Are Luftwaffe tunics dated?
    - LBA stamped?
    - Were collar tabs applied?

Grtz Mint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT TunicMint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic   Mint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Luftwaffe HBT Tunic
    P
    Many

This model tunic normally is LBA marked & dated as yours is. I don't recall seeing collar tabs on an HBT...it may have been an option...not sure
    D.

Thanks real steel,

were this common? Can't find any period photographs of (Luftwaffe) HBT's used in the field... Would love to see some examples for a set up.

Maybe Luftwaffe field division or FLAK regiment?

Kind regards

Kurt

You are right. We don't see many period photos of them. The Heer HBT were much more common obviously due to the fact the Army was so much larger. Especially in France late war they were very popular over the wool tunics in the summer

Most of the Luft HBT tunics I see for sale are in unissued condition or very slightly worn. Rarely do I see a true battle worn example. Many seem to be depot finds that were never issued
    D.