Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mixed German Insignia Items - Opinions Please

Article about: Hi All, I am interested in the below German badges but, as with all things WW2 German, I am seeking the advice of collectors far more expert than myself before making a purchase! I did post

Default Mixed German Insignia Items - Opinions Please

Hi All,

I am interested in the below German badges but, as with all things WW2 German, I am seeking the advice of collectors far more expert than myself before making a purchase! I did post a similar thread on another forum but didn't get too many responses.

The badges were supposedly collected by a British 8th Army Intelligence Officer towards the end of the war. They were subsequently stored, poorly, for the next seventy odd years and have been exposed to dust, damp and moths which explains their condition.

I understand them to be as follows: an early example Black Wound Badge in brass/ tombak; a Panzer NCO's shoulder strap in field grey and an Oberschutze rank patch.

I am pretty happy with all three items but, as I have mainly been a WW1 collector, I consider myself to be something of a novice when it comes to WW2 German items and I am always ultra wary of fakes etc. If people could offer their opinions to help set my mind at rest I'd be most grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Simon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mixed German Insignia Items - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

These are authentic items. The wound badge and rank pip are very common items and the value is low, especially as the wound badge is heavily worn. The Panzer NCOs shoulder strap is a little rarer. If these items are not expensive, I would go for it.

All originals.

Steve

all good.

Many thanks Gentlemen for all your comments. Obviously, I am pleased that you're all happy with the items. As Douglas2496 points out, none are particularly rare or valuable but I'm not too fussed about this. I was after a few German items to complete a display of WW2 British, Italian and German Insignia that I'm hoping to get framed and felt that these were nice pieces with a 'been there' look and some history.

I'll try to remember to post the finished article when I've had them framed.

Thanks again,

Simon

PS - douglas2496: some lovely WW1 pieces on your photo thumbnail. I have most of those bits too.