Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More help required on identity and value of small collection

Article about: With grateful thanks to all the patient forum members who have help so far either with posts or pms i have a few more items for identifying and valuing. This is a very steep learning curve b

?

Default More help required on identity and value of small collection

With grateful thanks to all the patient forum members who have help so far either with posts or pms i have a few more items for identifying and valuing. This is a very steep learning curve but enjoyable never the less.

That should be it bar the collar tabs.

The various trade badges with or without braid i have manged to sort out with the help of a book. There are about 60 of them all in mint condition so I will put up a post with them in due course it people would like to see them.

Many thanks in advance again for help with the above. I would really have struggled without the help of forum members.

My favorite in this batch is without doubt number 1.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More help required on identity and value of small collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: More help required on identity and value of small collection

No 1 I believe is luftwaffe forestry?
    Is No2 on a blue or black background, coz if it's black it's more likely NSKK luftwaffe transport units being the early droop tailed Adler
    No3 railway?
    No4 Standard luftwaffe breast eagle
    No5, if it's black i think it's luftwaffe engineers (HG)?
    No 6, political, eagles head faces to the left
    Last edited by John Brandon; 02-13-2011 at 12:45 PM.

All nice items shown. The Luft eagles I would price between $40-$60 US. They are fairly common though so if you wanted to unload them $30 would get them out the door. The one that is multi color I am not familiar with so I can not speak on. Same with the other eagles that I am not familiar with.

Regards

Jeff

Hi Guys, take a closer look at No1: John was not sure and he was right to place a ? after his answer. It is actually a rare Luftwaffe Fallschirmjager (Para's) jump smock eagle. Note the multi coloured green backing. This is known as Grünmeliert. You are looking at around £400 + for this one.

Cheers, Ade.

I think,
    No 1 is a luftwaffe partropers smock eagle, which if it is, thats worth a lot of money.
    No 2, early luft cap eagle
    No3, not sure, maybe railway as was said.
    No4, luft tunic/blouse eagle
    No5, luft HG division tunic/blouse/wrap eagle
    N06, not my area, but political/nasdap

Jerry

Ade has posted while I was writing this. I think the para eagle is probably worth a lot more than he said.

Hi Jerry, I am always very conservative with price estimates. Dave sold a cut off one a while back for £450 I think? I did not want to give Andy too much of a shock! He is still reeling on some of the values.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, I am always very conservative with price estimates. Dave sold a cut off one a while back for £450 I think? I did not want to give Andy too much of a shock! He is still reeling on some of the values.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, all the ones I have noticed for sale have been a lot more expensive, the cut-off sold for £450 sounds like a bargain from what I have seen.

Jerry

?

Thanks again for your assistance guys.

It seems that within the space of 48 hours you have enabled me to identify the bulk of my collection.

I have managed to sort all the trade badges from a book and seem to have just about one of each of the ones that were issued plus others with have gilt braid attached

I just have to put some time in on all the collar tabs to get them sorted then label everything up.

Then I guess it is down to trawling the internet to sort out values.

I was interested to see your responses to the smock eagle. I had actually managed to identify that one but needed to confirm my attribution. As with all the other items it is unissued and unfaded having been stored all of this time.

I originally thought my old man had just picked up a bunch ot items and shoved them in his pack.

On reflection it seems me was pretty thorough in his acquisition by limiting the collection to a very small area and making sure he acquired one of everything and in the best condition he could. Probably stems from his generation coming from a nation of stamp collectors.

Thanks again

Andy

?

If anyone can point me in the direction of good internet dealer sites to aid in my research I would be most grateful.

The most useful site I have so far located it he Collectors Guild and Oakleaf Militaria

Andy

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, take a closer look at No1: John was not sure and he was right to place a ? after his answer. It is actually a rare Luftwaffe Fallschirmjager (Para's) jump smock eagle. Note the multi coloured green backing. This is known as Grünmeliert. You are looking at around £400 + for this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, of course Ade, you are right. Because it was a scanned photograph, the colours on my monitor were slightly different. I have adjusted it accordingly

DOH!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast