Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My artillery officer tunic

Article about: My Artillery officer's tunic, forgive me for not knowing the true term such as m36, etc. I purchased this from another collector who was switching from Heer/Luftwaffe uniforms to SS camo. Th

?

Default My artillery officer tunic

My Artillery officer's tunic, forgive me for not knowing the true term such as m36, etc. I purchased this from another collector who was switching from Heer/Luftwaffe uniforms to SS camo. The ribbon bar and wound badge came with the uniform and are ostentatiously his. He was also a holder of the DKiG but the seller decided to keep that for himself. It is unnamed except for his surname written inside his visor. This is my first post here and I hope it lived up to standards!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My artillery officer tunic   My artillery officer tunic  

My artillery officer tunic   My artillery officer tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My artillery officer tunic
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Wally.

I'm no pro on tunics so will let others comment but it certainly looks nice.

Besides, a DKiG, he also could have worn a Spanish Cross on the right breast pocket.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Nice tailor made/private purchase tunic for a Leutnant and artillery observer. That particular unit was not created until July of 1942 and was an Army level - within Army Group Center - asset employed on the Eastern Front. In June of 1944 it suffered heavy losses (I would presume due to Operation Bagration).

That's a beautiful bullion breast eagle. Can you post a nice sharp close-up of the right breast pocket?

If you want to post his surname, I have a copy of Scheibert and can tell you if anyone with that surname from that unit was awarded the DKiG.
    Last edited by TWS; 12-15-2019 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Brain fart when I referred to rank as Oberleutnant
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I will certainly post another picture soon, and the surname written inside his visor is "Betz"

?

Added some more pictures of both breast pockets, on the left breast pocket I circled in red where the DKiG would've been mounted.

Wally
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My artillery officer tunic   My artillery officer tunic  

A very nice example!
    Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    I will certainly post another picture soon, and the surname written inside his visor is "Betz"
    There are two DKiG holders in the Heer with the surname Betz. Unfortunately I don't think either is your guy. One is Oberfeldwebel Hans Betz in Infanterie Regiment 61 and the other is Oberst Paul Betz who was a Pionier Officer in Pi. Regimental Staff 700.

It could be that the hat was paired with the tunic post-war or if the two really did belong to the same man, the DKiG was a post-war enhancement. The photos are still not crystal clear but it appears there are merely holes poked in the pocket pleat rather than proper loops or even the fancy method of carefully tailor-embroidered holes to the pocket that we see occasionally. Please correct me if I'm seeing this wrong. I hate to be potentially the bearer of bad news, but I do the same research (and actually more) on my own named tunics. I was hoping to confirm what you have there and sorry that I could not. Still a very nice tunic and visor cap.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Thank you so much for the info, and trust me, its no hard feelings about the DKiG. And thank you so much for taking the time to research the uniform and informing me about the unit. I'm definitely a fan of your collection and hope to see more of it in the future.

Wally

MAP
    ?

Good detective work Todd

Wally, as I said earlier, the loops could just as likely be for a Spanish Cross. Equally as nice
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a possibility but I consider it less likely then a DKiG. Will contact the person I bought it from and ask them more questions about the uniform.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast