Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Heer Parade Tunic Named

Article about: Hi All, I just picked up this Tunic from Klaus over at Butschek's, the trousers sold to someone else, here is the description he provided "Wehrmacht Infantry parade tunic (Waffenrock) t

Default My first Heer Parade Tunic Named

Hi All,
    I just picked up this Tunic from Klaus over at Butschek's, the trousers sold to someone else, here is the description he provided

"Wehrmacht Infantry parade tunic (Waffenrock) to Oberfeldwebel Bosmann serving with 8.(MG) Komp./ Inf.Rgt.36. This tunic was never part of a collection before and came with the trousers (also available) of a household clearance near Berlin.
    Bright and fresh color. The pictures show faded colors sometimes which is wrong.
    Original attached name to by the tailor KARL DIEHL Butzbach. Named to Feldwebel Bosmann 8 I.R.36. 10.5.1938 dated.
    There are official unit lists existing from 1938 so Bosmann will certainly be listed there is serving with that unit.
    Classic pre-war high quality parade tunic. All insignia are 100% period time attached. The breast eagle is attached by hand, the collar tabs are attached by machine. There are loops for a medal bar as well as one pair of loops for a badge.
    Minor mothing. Only a few really small moth bites and a few small stains"

I like it alot despite a few small stains and moth nips, and the fact that it was never in a collection makes me the second owner! sort of, it has a nice maker tag and a owners info tag also, can anyone help with how to research the name? I would like to find out his first name. I have some items to put on this tunic when it arrives such as a Heer shooting laynard and belt, also a ribbon bar and a wound badge to dress it up, I am going to display it on a mannequin with my cap(the cap is an officers cap, not totally proper but still looks nice) I will post more pictures when I have it complete, thank you for any help or comments!!!
    My first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic Named

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Heer Parade Tunic Named
    P
    Many

?

A very nice one friend.

Very nice.

Infantry waffenrocks are always desirable. Being named is a real bonus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys, since it is dated 38 (pre war) should I decorate it with WW1 and civil awards/sports badge or some WW2 medals and awards...or does it really matter?

that's a cracker.

?

That is a beauty!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice tunic. Being a low rank i think it's not very possible that the vet was a WWI vet.
    Personally i would use WWII examples.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thank you Don, for now I am going to use the medal bar that I have, and that is a WW1, I am going on the theory of what could go on a tunic issued in 1938, I can always change it up later and make it war time but I like the pre war stuff better, here are some photo's of what I did so far, once I get it on a mannequin and complete it then I will post those pics also, either way its going to look awesome!!!!!
    My first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic NamedMy first Heer Parade Tunic Named

?

Thumbs up Waffenrock

Hello,
    I love your waffenrock and I will post my Infantry waffenrock later. If I may make one suggestion, I don't like the medal bar on it (btw, it is a great bar, it just does not feel right to me on that tunic). How many medals does your waffenrock hold-is it 3 or 4? You might use a bar with 4 and 12 Wehrmacht Long Service awards, or a bar with a long service and two flower medals, and even though it is 1938, you can use a bar with a 1939 EK on it (the combos are endless). I have seen plenty of period photos of waffenrocks with 1939 EKs being worn-just a suggestion.

You have a beautiful waffenrock-good job!

Regards,
    Jody

BTW, here are some examples of pre-war bars (of course the exception is the 1939 EK).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Heer Parade Tunic Named   My first Heer Parade Tunic Named  

My first Heer Parade Tunic Named  

He isn't that low of a rank. I don't think it wouldn't be entirely out of reason that he could be a WWI vet. You should look up the name on the Volksbund website (I would myself, but I can't read that hand writing for the life of me).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast