Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Article about: Hi Glenn, this was but one style of sword, they also could wear others in the Lionhead style. Not all seen here with the service dress jacket, but you get the drift. Here are a couple of per

?

Default My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Hello all, Its a pleasure being here. Here is a M36 field modified NCO tunic done up to look like an officers tunic, or so I'm told! I'm brand new to the hobby. I would appreciate any opinions or comments on this Pioneer tunic. I'm sure I'll have more queries later but I'd like to know what kind of edged weapon hung from the hook shown here? From what I understand, it was made in Braunschweig in 1938. Oberfeldwebel rank. The tunic has never been on the collectors market. The soldier fought on the Eastern front.
    Thank you,
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36   My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36   My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36   My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Hi and Welcome,

Not really my area of expertise but it looks good on these photos.

Some interesting features and stamps indicate a manufacture date of 1938 maybe ?

cheers

Tony

?

1938 Indeed, I just added that to the description! Thank you, Indeed Tony! - Glenn

Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum!

A good original tunic.

Senior NCO's were entitled to wear the sword.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade, Thank you for the reply and for your warm welcome. I was not aware of the senior NCO's entitlement for the sword. I think I know which sword you mean, but could you specify exactly for the new guy?? Best, Glenn

Hi Glenn, this one style.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Welcome on board Glenn. Nice tunic.

Regards

Danish guy in Russia

?

Ade, Thank you so much! I am not familiar with this sword. Does it have a name? If I was to go looking for one to complete the uniform, what would I look for? And very important, grip inside or outside of the tunic?
    Thanks for making me feel welcome!
    Glenn

?

Danish guy in Russia - Thank you for your warm welcome, and for your comment! Hope to speak with you soon. - Glenn

?

No problem. I'm always here

Lars

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast