Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Article about: Hi Glenn, this was but one style of sword, they also could wear others in the Lionhead style. Not all seen here with the service dress jacket, but you get the drift. Here are a couple of per

Default Re: My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Hi Glenn, this was but one style of sword, they also could wear others in the Lionhead style. Not all seen here with the service dress jacket, but you get the drift.

Here are a couple of period pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36   My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36
    P
    Many

?

Ade, This new guy is indebted to you for your excellent and timely info! Thank you so much, I look forward to speaking with you soon! Glenn

Hello,
    That's a rather nice Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936.
    1938 does not mean that it was made in 1938, but that it was accepted in a military depot in 1938, here it looks like an E for Erfurt. The Feldbluse itself could have been made between 1936 and 1938.
    The regular collar has been replaced by a more pointed one.
    French cuffs were also added.
    The EM BeVo breast eagle was replaced by one of the Officer quality. That was often the case for senior NCOs with their "walking out" Feldbluse.
    Nice example...congrats
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's a rather nice Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936.
    1938 does not mean that it was made in 1938, but that it was accepted in a military depot in 1938, here it looks like an E for Erfurt. The Feldbluse itself could have been made between 1936 and 1938.
    The regular collar has been replaced by a more pointed one.
    French cuffs were also added.
    The EM BeVo breast eagle was replaced by one of the Officer quality. That was often the case for senior NCOs with their "walking out" Feldbluse.
    Nice example...congrats
    Thanks
    Thank you JPhilip! You have corrected the 1938 conundrum for me. Oh yes, the dealer I got it from maintains it is a "B" 38 - Braunschweig.....oh well, either or. From what I understand, the soldier who owned this fought at the Eastern Front. I have just purchased an M40 helmet and am next interested in securing a pair of breeches. Would you be able to tell me if I should be looking for feldgrau or slate grey for the trousers?
    Many thanks to you, Glenn

?

Thank you JPhilip! You have corrected the 1938 conundrum for me. Oh yes, the dealer I got it from maintains it is a "B" 38 - Braunschweig.....oh well, either or. From what I understand, the soldier who owned this fought at the Eastern Front. I have just purchased an M40 helmet and am next interested in securing a pair of breeches. Would you be able to tell me if I should be looking for feldgrau or slate grey for the trousers?
    Many thanks to you, Glenn

Hello Glenn,
    If the letter stamped before the 38 is a B, then it's for Berlin, not for Braunschweig.
    IMO straight pants would be preferable than breeches. You can go for both stone gray or Feldgrau pants, stone gray ones are more expensive as they're rarer. You can find a decent pair of Feldgrau pants to add to your Feldbluse and Stahlhelm...and why not a pair of marching boots and set up a nice Pionier mannequin.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi JPhilip

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the pants. And Mannequin? My intentions exactly, sir! The straight pants it is, I have a lead on a salty pair, as they say, M36. The pair I am interested in have the markings of a film studio along with (I believe) the other factory markings. Dealer says this was common practice as movie studios acquired lots of assorted uniform pieces after the war. Does this sound legit to you, JPhilip?
    Thanks, Glenn

Film studio markings can be legitimate. However, it is not unknown now for fakers to add these to bad items to try and make them seem OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Ade, Whadda ya' think?

Good original trousers.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast