Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Article about: Hi Glenn, this was but one style of sword, they also could wear others in the Lionhead style. Not all seen here with the service dress jacket, but you get the drift. Here are a couple of per

?

Default Re: My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36

Ade, I am indebted for your very generous guidance here, thank you. Ok, while I'm here I'll drop the next one: Would a Pioneer Truppe Oberfeldwebel be accessorized with pretty much the same gear as any Heer soldier? Belt, Y straps, Gas mask, Mess, cartridge pouches, canteen, etc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first tunic, any opinions, please? M36
    P
    Many

As an Oberfeldwebel he would have been a platoon leader and would have most likely carrried an MP40. Heer Belt & buckle as per all non officer ranks: Y straps, Gas mask, Mess tin, two MP40 magazine pouches, canteen, etc, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You've just set me off for the next several months of acquiring these things! Thanks, and Cheers to you, Ade. OK, one last one for the night. I have a lead on an original and complete gas mask, made 1937, canvass face mask. Would this be appropriate for the reconstruction I have in mind for this model Pioneer tunic? Thanks in advance, for your knowledge and your hospitality!
    Glenn

Hi Glenn, sounds like you are going to be raiding the piggy bank!

The gas mask sounds fine. But please post some pics.

Just bear in mind this particular tunic was made into one for "best" for walking out. Rather than show it with field gear, I would add a nice quality private purchase belt & buckle and a schirmutze (Visor cap).

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Is that right? I was under the impression that almost all the late 30's tunics went to war, well, not the Waffenfrock, of course. Ade, define for me the situations when the soldier would wear this tunic, please.

This tunic would have used used when "walking out". This means wearing when off duty outside of barracks, going out to social occasions, going home on leave, etc.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade, if I wanted to complete the uniform from the tunic then, would a ratty old pair of M36 trousers work, or since this guy tricked his tunic out with the fancier appointments, maybe a fancy pair of trousers. Your thoughts, please.

All trousers are really harder to find than tunics: most simply got worn to destruction either during the war or used as work clothes in a post war Europe were clothing rationing and shortages were the norm. Any would do for starters. Finding a good condition pair of M36 trousers is hard. You can always upgrade later. Pre war and very early war the trousers were stone grey. Only later did they change to Feldgrau.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Wow, Fantastic As a beginner of collecting i would lie if i said i wasnt jealous very nice piece Absolutley FANTASTIC! -Corey (New to the forum )

?

Quote by Corey View Post
    Wow, Fantastic As a beginner of collecting i would lie if i said i wasnt jealous very nice piece Absolutley FANTASTIC! -Corey (New to the forum )
    Corey - Allow the "formerly" new guy to welcome you to the forum. I can tell you that the people on here are about the most helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful people I have ever encountered. You're in a good place. Thanks for your nice words. And hope to speak to you in the future? Cool. From Glenn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast