Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My latest and greatest to date

Article about: I put this on layaway and expect to get it paid off at the end of 2017. It will take me an entire year to pay it off. These Standards are a piece of art. The yellow is for Flight and/or Fall

Default My latest and greatest to date

I put this on layaway and expect to get it paid off at the end of 2017. It will take me an entire year to pay it off. These Standards are a piece of art. The yellow is for Flight and/or Fallschirmjager. These do not crop up very often. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest and greatest  to date   My latest and greatest  to date  

My latest and greatest  to date   My latest and greatest  to date  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My latest and greatest  to date
    P
    Many

Fantastic!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade. I've always wanted one of these, but collecting Waffen-SS exclusively from 1979 to 2008 didn't work. I couldn't justify buying something like this because it wasn't Waffen-SS. You young collectors: focus on a specific area and stick to your guns on staying in that area. This is one proven way you have a collection and not just a large group of stuff. Another advantage of this is that you become an expert in your area. Third Reich is just too big.

?

Holy Hamster what a beautiful flag. If i were collecting LW, then i would gladly pay on the layaway for a year.
    What are the dimensions on this flag??

48" x 48" but it's little longer than that because part of it, without the tassels wraps around the pole and gets tacked on. When I collected strictly Waffen-SS, I couldn't justify buying one of these. I don't remember even coming across one.

?

Waw, that is one cool piece of militaria! Gz.

?

It's tough to buy something that will eat your militaria budget for a whole year because you know you are going
    to see something else you would want during that time. But I guess a piece like this would be worth it.
    I agree with what you said about focus. You can very easily become broke and buried under all this stuff because
    there is so much cool stuff out there. Best advice for starting collectors, focus, focus, and focus.
    And if you are on the fence about getting something, don't get it. Only get something that you truly want and
    have been looking for for some time.

Also along that theme, if you come across an item that you want so bad, but you have questions pop in your head about its authenticity, turn and walk away. I know you want it like air, but YOU are your own worst enemy. A collection that is not defended is the best. I don't have t defend a single piece in my collection; it speaks for itself. That is the way to have it, with everything above board.

?

in my field of collecting it is experience and countless hours of studies to try and decide orginality of certain items. Much volunteer from the east was not socalled textbook.
    Still i will not change field, it makes me happy (and that is why we study these old pieces from a old war)

Plus there is a general mistrust of items coming out of Eastern Europe. It seems there is a whole industry set up to make fake (just about) everything. I know of a guy in old Czechoslovakia who has a great collection of Waffen-SS camouflage uniforms and garments and sells them as well. Apparently he sells some pretty sophisticated forgeries. A friend of mine started calling me every 20 minutes asking me to check something on my camouflaged panzer jacket. He had a friend receive one from a dealer in Eastern Europe. My friend was at his wits end trying to find the flaws. Finally I just shipped my jacket to him so he could compare side-by-side. He said he never really found the error or errors, but just had a gut feel (something you develop over time and with knowledge and experience) that it wasn't real. The dealer selling it and more was at the MAX Show that year so I got to look at it. It felt different and the butterflies in my belly began to churn. I would not have bought that piece. And when you buy something, show it around. Let other collectors vet it. Each of us looks at different things and have our "tells", which we guard closely. Good hunting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast