Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My Luftwaffe Trade Badge Collection

Article about: The trade badges from my collection are now sorted and identified (do I hear a big sigh?) As with the rest of my collection the articles are all in mint unissued condition. Hope you like. I

?

Default My Luftwaffe Trade Badge Collection

The trade badges from my collection are now sorted and identified (do I hear a big sigh?)

As with the rest of my collection the articles are all in mint unissued condition.

Hope you like.

I think I probably have a large proportion of the basic badges with the seagoing boat personel badge being the pick, along of course with the parachute/pilot/observer and wireless operators badges; 3 of which are of the padded variety.

There are a smattering of NCO and Outstanding Performance badges to add a bit of sparkle.

Prices are fairly widely available for these badges given their easy availability so I think this part of the process is probably now complete.

I suspect in due course this would make the basis of a very nice starter collection for someone.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Luftwaffe Trade Badge Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Luftwaffe Trade Badge Collection

Hi Andy, once again super stuff: your Dad had a good eye. The "stars of the show" are indeed the various air crew and para badges.

There was a sigh

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice again as already said. It is funny I keep looking forward to checking the forum to see what else you have posted from this collection!

Regards

Jeff

?

Quote by Killroy View Post
    Very nice again as already said. It is funny I keep looking forward to checking the forum to see what else you have posted from this collection!

Regards

Jeff
    Not much more to go now from this collection. Just 100 odd shoulder tabs and a few bits and pieces.

I do have several large rolls of maps from both various WW11 theatres and Korea. Don't know what to do about them.

I suspect they should really go to the regimental museums ( Cameronians and Durham Light Infantry)

Andy

Hi Andy, to be honest, you would most likely be best just selling the maps. Regimental museums would be unlikely to ever display them.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I suspect you are right.

With the shrinkage in the size of the Army and the natural course of things I suspect many regimental museums will become seldom visited shrines to the past with little relevance or interest to future generations.

There was great debate over the relocation of my regimental museum from Aldershot where many veterans live to Duxford. I think in the end it was the right thing to do with plenty of space and potential; and with the regiment relocating to an Essex base future veterans will be within easy reach.

I understand that the new setup is worth seeing so one day I will make the long trip.

Hi Andy, ex Airborne Forces?

Duxford is a mixed blessing. Actually not as much is displayed there as it was at Aldershot.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yep: That does surprise me.

Andy

I agree with Ade, I have heard horror stories about museums here in the states. I spoke with a 1st ID Div. (Big Red One) vet about some of his bring backs he "loaned" to a museum. The curator that took it at the time left a few years later. When the vet went back to have his items retured the new curator stated that he needed proof of ownership. They would not give this vet back his property due to missplaced paperwork on THEIR part. I am not sure how I feel about donating to some of these museums. I know most are reputable but I guess it just upset me to see how this vet and a friend of his were treated.

Regars

Jeff