Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help on cloth insignia

Article about: Hello. I found some patches and was wondering if anyone could identify them for me? I have 12 in all. 2 of each and they have been sewn together in a sash type deal.

Default Need Help on cloth insignia

Hello. I found some patches and was wondering if anyone could identify them for me? I have 12 in all. 2 of each and they have been sewn together in a sash type deal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help on cloth insignia   Need Help on cloth insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help on cloth insignia
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need Help

Welcome to forum!!!!!! You will love it!!
    They look like Army Standard Bearer’s Sleeve Patch. the yellow one looks like it is for Signals or for the Calvary, and you might have a Panzer Grenadier Regiment one as well. I can't tell but the red one might be the recon standard shield. If they are real, then they are pretty rare.
    Last edited by AKbear; 07-20-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Dont know anything about them but they look very cool welcome to the forum!

Thanks!!! I found out that my girlfriends father was given these when he was very young. His uncle gave them to him and said that a Nazi sergeant avoided criminal prosecution by joining the American military and gave them to him. They look like they were torn from sleeves. The whole northern portion of the sleeve is with the patch and they have been sewn together. He also has some other memorabilia apparently including a pistol with an ivory handle made in Italy.

iac
    ?

Nice artwork; wotha few $$s I'm sure !

Very rare indeed! And run about $1000 u.s. per piece.

Joe

Thanks guys!!! You have been allot of help. I am finally finding stuff about them on the net thanks to your help with the identification. They do seem rare and i am finding some replicas but these are definitely the real thing. Glad i found em =)

Welcome to the forum and well done!

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Need Help on cloth insignia

OK. So i found out some nice information on the patches. Turns out the silver thread is actual silver bullion thread. I was looking close at all the patches and there appears to be something different about one of them. It looks like the machine used to create them ran out of the bullion thread and finished one of them replacing the silver thread with white. I am posting pics to see what you all think. Ass you can see the wreath and border on the left flag are white instead of yellow. I put up the same rank of another one i have to show comparison. Again i would like to thank you all for helping me find this info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help on cloth insignia   Need Help on cloth insignia  

Need Help on cloth insignia   Need Help on cloth insignia  

?

Default Re: Need Help on cloth insignia

Those are incredible!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast