Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NEED HELP! Grossdeutschland shoulder boards

Article about: May I have your thoughts on these beautiful Grossdeutschland shoulder boards please??

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Edit, posting while CBH was writing. Thx CBH for voicing the same thoughts.

No one here assisted you in determining that they are 100% authentic, in fact the opposite.

Why don't you close the thread already since the real experts helped you somewhere else. Is there any point in going on with this here?

Personally, I don't think the cyphers shown in the later pics were off the boards shown in the original pics. No one who removes an emblem (which is crazy enough to do in the first place) is going to bend the prongs back down before reinstalling them. Here's a pic off the net of a set that had the prongs messed about until one broke off, severely affecting the value, the rest of the prongs have that mangled look of prongs that have been played with once too often.

Attachment 917735

PS "When the Levee Breaks" is a blues song written by husband and wife Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie in 1929.

Amazon.com: Uniforms and Insignia of the Grossdeutschland Division: Volume 3 (9780764335433): Scott Pritchett: Books

I suggest you do your research before giving opinions on such items here are some nice books to choose from if you decide to not fly blind anymore. I rest my case

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP! Grossdeutschland shoulder boards
    P
    Many

I have no knowledge on the GD cyphers but I will add this,
    Scott Pritchett may not be perfect but he is a well respected author who has many of the most knowledgeable people with some of the best collections in the world contributing to his publications.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3