Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help identifying insignia

Article about: Hi, I know these aren't valuable, but would like to know what they are. Thanks

Default Need help identifying insignia

Hi,

I know these aren't valuable, but would like to know what they are. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying insignia   Need help identifying insignia  

Need help identifying insignia   Need help identifying insignia  

Need help identifying insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying insignia
    P
    Many

?

Well, the first is a 5er Feldspange for the EK2, KVK2 with swords, I think the Wehrmacht 4 and 8 jahre dienstauszeichnung and the Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen. The second is a collar tab, but not sure for what Wehrmacht branch. And the last two are gefreiter armwinkels.
    I think I got them all correct.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Well, the first is a 5er Feldspange for the EK2, KVK2 with swords, I think the Wehrmacht 4 and 8 jahre dienstauszeichnung and the Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen. The second is a collar tab, but not sure for what Wehrmacht branch. And the last two are gefreiter armwinkels.
    I think I got them all correct.

Regards, Rik
    As far as I can tell, you are correct. I believe the collar tab is a late war generic one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, what was the KVK2 with swords issued for? Thanks for all your knowledge

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Hi, what was the KVK2 with swords issued for? Thanks for all your knowledge
    A little bit of google will give you this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Merit_Cross
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I could google everything, I just thought that this is why the forum was here - to discuss these things.

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    I could google everything, I just thought that this is why the forum was here - to discuss these things.
    No offense, but discussing items is not the same thing as spoonfeeding answers to new members who are unwilling to undertake even the most basic and minimal research after already being pointed in the right direction.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz II Klasse mit Schwerten (War merit cross with swords) was given for exceptional service to members of the military. It was a low grade award and is common. A similar award without sword (Ohne Schwerten) was given to civilians. Your ribbon bar is missing the sword device. You may be able to find a replacement. There is a good little Wikipedia posting under War Merit Cross that will give you the basics. As far as value goes, we do not offer what may be termed appraisal service on this group. However, this little grouping is all authentic and does have value. NH

...and it is interesting to note that while I was writing my response about doing your own research on Wikipedia that the same sentiment was being written overseas by one of our esteemed members! NH

Didn't know I was offending people by asking these questions. Like I said of course I could research it all, but I was just trying to have discussion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast