MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help ID'ing This Coat!

Article about: Greetings everyone, This one has been offered to me, and I know virtually nothing about clothing items. Can anyone help ID it, and tell me if it is authentic? I know the two insignia on the

RZM
    ?

Default Need Help ID'ing This Waffenrock!

Greetings everyone,

This one has been offered to me, and I know virtually nothing about clothing items. Can anyone help ID it, and tell me if it is authentic? I know the two insignia on the left has been added, and the breast eagle appears to be tropical. If that is the case, should I make the assumption that it is a fake all the way around? These are the only pics I have at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help ID'ing This Coat!   Need Help ID'ing This Coat!  

Need Help ID'ing This Coat!  
    Last edited by RZM; 08-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help ID'ing This Coat!
    P
    Many

The breast eagle is actually fine and correct and is the early issued used on the waffenrock.

This one has most likely been stripped for late war re-issue field use. Hence the lack of waffenfarbe piping to the front edge of the tunic and the removal of the cuffs and shoulder straps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info Ade. With the pictures that I have, do you believe it's authentic? Thanks again!

Original, no question.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not only original, but very likely converted for field use in the late war period. Hopefully, there are no plans to "restore it"? It would be a shame to alter it back Now to something that it's issued Owner had changed himself during the War. It's hard to simply Imagine the History this coat has witnessed and taken Part in! (You can take the 2 silly Pins off of it,however! )
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Please show the reverse of the two pins. Heer cap eagle and a tinnie. They look original, but as William says, not to the tunic.

Cheers, Ade.

RZM
    ?

Thanks again for the info guys! I do not own the coat yet, but I will see if the seller would not mind taking a picture of the two "extras". He is asking $900 for this Waffenrock, the Jager visor I posted, and a few other pieces of insignia. These all supposedly came back with the same guy. Is that a reasonable price?

I feel that is too much money.

Cheers, Ade.