Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with leather jacket identification

Article about: hello people I'm new to this forum I bought a german leather coat about a month ago very cheap under \\$50AU .So I'm not to bothered if it's not military I love to ware it anyway. The person t

Question Need help with leather jacket identification

hello people I'm new to this forum I bought a german leather coat about a month ago very cheap under $50AU .So I'm not to bothered if it's not military I love to ware it anyway. The person that sold it to me from germany said it was his grandfathers spare Luftwaffe coat. Apparently after the war he had it relined inside the coat.It's in amazing all-round condition with no faults.Blue/Gray in colour although it looks quiet blue when picture is taken with a flash see pictures . has what looks like painted double button wrist clasps the belt has a hallmark under the main clasp see pictures Any info would be great Thanks Need help with leather  jacket identificationNeed help with leather  jacket identificationNeed help with leather  jacket identificationNeed help with leather  jacket identificationNeed help with leather  jacket identificationNeed help with leather  jacket identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with leather  jacket identification
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help with leather jacket identification

The coat may be made in Germany, but to my eyes I cant see anything that connects it to the war.
    Morris

Thanks KM Morris .I thought as much I got it online and could not see much of the details because of poor pictures and it was so cheap I was not bothered. Didn't think he was telling the truth. but thought for the price i'd take the gamble

As it appears to be marked as being made in Germany, I think it is post war, though pre war might be possible as the marking of the country of origin started because of the Americans prior to WWI, but in this case I would say it is post WWII and probably not military IMHO.

A nice coat for a sensible price, just not WWII military.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks jerry

CBH
    ?

My LW coat has similar leather covered buttons , but it also has shoulder boards and a dagger hanger . Look inside the pockets for a makers label . But It looks post war to me .
    Cheers Chris

thanks chris But there is no labels at all . no dagger holder or shoulder boards . must be a post model .