Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket

Article about: ok well i have been looking to buy this trench coat and the person says its real so i want your opinion and to know if it is a good deal he wants \\$150 but i could talk him down. thanks -Tyle

Default need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket

ok well i have been looking to buy this trench coat and the person says its real so i want your opinion and to know if it is a good deal he wants $150 but i could talk him down.

thanks -Tyler
    Attached Images Attached Images need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket  need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket  need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket

Hi Tyler, personally I would pass on this one. I don't think it is military at all.

Leather overcoats were a private purchase option for an Officer to buy if he wished. They would be fitted with rank shoulder straps and sometimes provision for the dagger hanger.

Cheers, Ade.

pjm
    ?

Default Re: need help Luftwaffe' officer's jacket

Leather overcoats like these were very typical for civilian use in the 1950's and when I lived in Germany from 1976-1995 or so, they were always readily available and cheap ($40 - $60) at fleamarkets. It was very common to own one in the postwar era when travel in unheated cars, trams and on motocycles was typical.

I still have a couple of them I purchased at the time. The quality is excellant.

As mentioned, wartime military versions exist but these are easy to recognize by the tailiored details such as screw-on shoulder board buttons - or the reinforced area where they would have been, shoulder board loops, and the slit for a dagger under the pocket flap along with the dagger hanger ring inside (if it's still there).

$150 or less for a cool old leather overcoat is fair enough if it fits and you want to wear it. Otherwise, it's just another leather coat. I've tried selling mine for around $200 and still have them.