Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

Article about: Hi all. I collect many types of cloth items, including tunics, but never handled a tropical tunic so I'd like some opinions on this one. Keep in mind the current owner used a flash for the c

?

Default Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

Hi all. I collect many types of cloth items, including tunics, but never handled a tropical tunic so I'd like some opinions on this one. Keep in mind the current owner used a flash for the close up shots so color may be off a bit in some shots.

Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...
    P
    Many

strange no markings on it.a lot of these came from Austria in the 70s.all brand new.

The mintest example I have ever seen of a 1st pattern, slightly worryingly so. Insignia looks correct as does the tailoring.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I'm not sure being in unissued condition would be cause for worry as long as the hallmarks are present of an authentic period tunic. I have other tunics that look like they were pulled from the store room shelf yesterday, but are 100% period original. What do you guys think of the tunic as presented, in terms of the hallmarks (ie stitching, fabric, etc)?

Good in my opinion.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I already posted that the insignia and construction looks correct, though odd as Harry mentions that it has no inkstamps. Just never seen an unissued first pattern before, 2nd and 3rd's are fairly commonly seen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Adrian and Jerry. Jerry, I did see your comment regarding the tailoring when I re-read your earlier post - thank you. There actually is an ink stamp beneath the button "S" ring fabric covering panel. I'll post it a bit later once I'm in front of my computer.

?

Here is the ink stamp I mentioned. It's located beneath the button "S" ring cover.

Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

still not happy with it.

I think it is fine. I actually like the stamp.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast