Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic

Article about: No Problem.. And I would be equally interested in seeing any of the 60's and 70's movie props that you spoke of..

?

No Problem..
    And I would be equally interested in seeing any of the 60's and 70's movie props that you spoke of..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    No Problem..
    And I would be equally interested in seeing any of the 60's and 70's movie props that you spoke of..
    For me to show them I would have to spend an unspecified amount of time trying to find them on another forum. I will do this if you really think showing other movie prop tunics will make any difference.

In your post you mentioned having researched other period examples the same/similar to yours so I assume they would be easy for you to post them here or links to them as you only did this in the last few days?

I can try and find the printed movie prop collar tabs similar to yours as soon as I can, I think I remember where I put them.

At the end of the day, I have given you an opinion, it might not be worth the time it has taken me to post it and it is up to you to make your own decision on the tunic, as you are the one who bought it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Anon..
    I believe you are correct about the tunic, tabs and the whole tunic in general. I do not question your experience, expertese and your opinion. You have convinced me, without a doubt, that you and your associates are correct. Maybe there was a slight chance in my mind that it could have been an odd Tunic. I felt, that I had to rule out all options and then, I may have felt, I was harshly treated and it became a pissing match. Although, I think I have found a couple of "similar Tunics" that were assumed by the owner to be a private purchase and a desert Tunic from an occuppied country, but none exactly like mine. But I don't think it is worth the time and effort, for you and I to "beat this dead horse " any further, or to post your tabs, other photos. And I do not plan to post anything. I hope our relationship, if any, is not tainted by this Thread. You did what this forum was designed to do...and I appreciate that.
    I (and I assume other members) do appreciate your work and your service that you do provide to new and inexperienced collectors, like myself.

I am sorry if you think/feel this became a pissing match. I was/am genuinely interested in any period theater/field made DAK/Tropical tunics. I have never seen any, though I have seen a few caps, some I thought were good, some might have been good, whilst others I did not like. such items are always a difficult thing to make a call on and for many, if it is not textbook, they would not touch it. I tend to be a bit more open minded, but with such items trying to resell them in the future is always likely to be difficult.

As regards the movie prop tunics, I have had a few over the years, I was more willing to speculate when I was younger and bought them knowing what they were, but one always hopes and they were priced accordingly and in those days I did not mind having props for display purposes. This was in the days before I used the internet and I do not have photos of them.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Default Tunics DAK / Tropical

As we spoke, Here's a couple of Odd ball suspected "DAK / Tropical" Tunics. Although most of them were unmarked and various patterns, the collectors were not sure of "what they had." Some of these Tunic "may or may not be similar to mine, but it would be interesting on your opinion.

/Users/obal7/Desktop/23_dsc06066.jpg
    This tunic, I felt was like mine...no markings and the collector was convinced it was a private purchase.Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic

/Users/obal7/Desktop/23_dsc06538.jpg
    here a different pattern tunic, with the private manufacturer (private purchase) tag in it.Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic

/Users/obal7/Desktop/2460_tunic3.jpg
    this on also unmarked ... I thought similar to mine.Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic

/Users/obal7/Desktop/2437_wl_spiess_a_fileminimizer.jpg
    This one, I don't know what this is... It was suspected of being a "blouse?" Field made or theatre made...definitely not like mine.Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic

/Users/obal7/Desktop/jb9z.jpg
    This one was subsequently found to be a vz21 Chech made summer tunic, that were used and commandeered by the Werrmacht and SS.Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help on this Tropical/DAK Tunic  

First two look to be KM/KA and they are different, and look as if they might be OK, but better pics as always might tell a different story. Notice they have the long false cuffs etc...

3rd looks a mess, crappy pics, fake cufftitle.
    4th, jeez, not even going to comment on that.
    5th, you already know.
    6th, looks OK as a factory issue 1st pattern, but as always better pics to be really certain as the latest generation copies follow the original design very closely.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks.. At least members can take a look to see what is out there...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3