Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New HG tunic

Article about: Here is what is enroute to the house shortly!!

?

Default Re: New HG tunic

The tunic is here!! It is a beauty, as far as I am concerned. I took some liberties to play around with some field gear and the shoulder straps(as the Uffz straps are not original to the tunic).

These first images are of the tunic as it arrived.

The straps are yellow for Calvary/Recon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New HG tunic   New HG tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New HG tunic
    P
    Many

?

Medical configuration. Notice the Heer M44 medical straps. I am sure that these were utilized more than once(speculation). Regardless, they look great!! I like this set up the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New HG tunic   New HG tunic  

New HG tunic  

?

And finally, I get to see what the LW Panzer straps would look like on a tunic!

?

The same piping is for flying personnel and paratroopers, IMO they was just later addition, formerly a normal luft straps, but late war made. In that case I prefer white piped standard straps. I don't think HG has a cavalry units
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Now, if there are any particular views or shots you want to see of this tunic, please let me know and I will make them for posting. I believe that this tunic is 100% period.

Thanks for looking. As usual, all comments are welcome!

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The same piping is for flying personnel and paratroopers, IMO they was just later addition, formerly a normal luft straps, but late war made. In that case I prefer white piped standard straps. I don't think HG has a cavalry units
    You are right. I misquoted. There were no calvary units that I know of. However, they did have recon units that used the yellow waffenfarbe.

I agree with you. The straps are later additions. This tunic was used in Angolia's book in the 90s and a friend owned it afterward. They had different straps(Feldwebel).

?

Default Great Addition! New HG tunic

NICE!!!

Way to go Paul! You got a real winner....
    However you chose to 'set up' your display, will be a beauty!
    Just do it the way that YOU want to look at it every day!
    Best, Dave/dblmed

Very interesting tunic. I hope the discussion continues so we can learn more of this rare find. IMO the Eagle is good and the Cufftitle is good. I can't comment on the rest and this is why I hope this discussion moves forward. Your set up is wonderful by the way. Thanks for sharing.

?

Thanks for the kind words!! I am very happy with it. I really like the Heer M44 boards on this tunic. They "make sense", as they match the base material. I understand that the M43 caps were made in the same material as well. I am sure that these will not be easy or inexpensive to find! If I ever find a set of Infantry M44 straps, I will give them a shot!

Here are some images of the RBN number. This is the best that I can do.

This is what I was able to get from it.

R.B.N 0 0225(or 6) 0023

?

Back up. Does anyone know anything about the RBN numbers? Also, is there a way to date this tunic based upon the stampings?

I would love to see any other examples, for the sake of comparison.

Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast