Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Luft Colection I picked up

Article about: Good evening, I just picked up a collection a GI brought back and would like your opinion. These items will be offered for sale here but would like everyone to look them over first. I want t

Default New Luft Colection I picked up

Good evening,
    I just picked up a collection a GI brought back and would like your opinion. These items will be offered for sale here but would like everyone to look them over first. I want to offer fair prices on verified items by the experts. These are some kind of Luftwaffe administration type area of service, please offer any information you have, it will be very appreciated.New Luft Colection I picked upNew Luft Colection I picked upNew Luft Colection I picked upNew Luft Colection I picked upNew Luft Colection I picked up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Luft Colection I picked up
    P
    Many

Everything is 100% original and nice. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks hope I'll find a buyer.

MAP
    ?

Not just Luft. Just one of the visor wreaths, and part of the WW1 ribbon bar have a Luft association. From the looks of it, probably unrelated pieces he gathered and brought home as souvenirs. A mix of both wars. The most interesting item to me is the New Zealand vet art coin. You my be able to research the name.

The two Luft awards on the medal bar are the 12 year and 25 year examples. If original and not put together (I will leave it to others) it is the nicest piece in the group.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much, kinda what I came up with too. The bar is I think unaltered the person I purchased it from was son of the vet and not a collector and wouldn't have the incentive or inclination to mess with the items, I think but you never know and am open to any opinion otherwise. This stuff can be so tricky. Thanks again MAP.

Very nice group.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HolidaysSmokeWagon View Post
    Thank you very much, kinda what I came up with too. The bar is I think unaltered the person I purchased it from was son of the vet and not a collector and wouldn't have the incentive or inclination to mess with the items, I think but you never know and am open to any opinion otherwise. This stuff can be so tricky. Thanks again MAP.
    IMHO, your best bet is to sell the entire grouping as one. Many of the items will be hard to sell individually or be valued so cheaply it's not worth the postage.

The medal bar and two wound badges are the best items. The Hindenburg Cross with the ribbon is nice too but they are plentiful and don't go for much (dealer prices at around $20 to $25 maybe with the ribbon). That said, they are fun to collect as there are so many variations.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with MAP. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast