Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New memeber who asks: What is it?

Article about: Hello to all, Thanks in advance for looking at my posting, New member to this Forum but I cut my teeth in my infancy on my father's obsession to collect any and all things military, etc. The

?

Default New memeber who asks: What is it?

Hello to all,

Thanks in advance for looking at my posting,

New member to this Forum but I cut my teeth in my infancy on my father's obsession to collect any and all things military, etc. The following scans are of a German tunic that was passed, along with other things, to me when my father passed some 10 years ago now. I would like to see if I can get it ID and confirm authenticity.

Just a little about me, I am more drawn to the chase of the research than to the almighty $$. To me it is more important to learn as well as to preserve those items that have defined what we have today. Having said that, I still need beer money

Again thanks in advance for looking,

Best Regards

Gator (Mark)

New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?New memeber who asks: What is it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New memeber who asks: What is it?
    P
    Many

Hello Mark and welcome to the forum!
    Although I do not really study tunics, this one would appear to be a late war herringbone twill NCO's tunic possibly for a gebirgsjaeger.
    There are others here that will be able to give you more information and tell you if it is authentic or not, (although I believe it has a good chance of being so).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph,

Thanks for the details and for the welcome to the Forum.

Gator

welcome,tunic looks good to me too.

?

Good one from what I can see.

This is a Summer weight Feldbluse for a Feldwebel or Sargeant. I see nothing that indicates it is for Gebirgsjaeger unless we can determine the color of the trim around the shoulder boards. I can't tell what color it is. Best bet would be to look underneath for a bit of the trim to see. It seems worn or dirty - not an unusual thing. Note that the "pips" do not match. It looks like the one on the right was replaced. I'll defer to others but the inside lining indicates it may have been tailored. NH

?

Guys let me say thanks for answering this question for me. I hope that I can return the favor. Question, I have another tunic, not German, is there a section in which I can post for possible identification?

Thanks

Mark

?

Thumbs up

I'd say it is good without a doubt. There should be some markings on the inside, at least there is on my reed green Luftwaffe HBT.
    Sarge

?

Sarge,

Thanks for your posting

Nice NCO HBT tunic somewhere inside as Sarge mentions should be some numbers for size, of tunic and location of issue or make. timothy